Hello UK! Newcastle Diet from Texas progress thread.

Mafat

Borzoi-

Thanks a million for sharing your inspiring story. Would love to see your routine schedule of the day. i.e.Exercise -Medications & how do you spread 800 calories throughout the day.

Thanks.

Reactions: 6 people

Borzoi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Borzoi-

Thanks a million for sharing your inspiring story. Would love to see your routine schedule of the day. i.e.Exercise -Medications & how do you spread 800 calories throughout the day.

Thanks.

Hey Marfat, thanks for the kind words. Here's my routine schedule- it usually goes as follows:
  • 9am- Glass of water or coffee/tea, supplements
  • 10am - Shake
  • 12pm - Salad
  • 2pm - Shake #2
  • 4pm - Veggie stick snack
  • 5pm - Metformin 500 mg
  • 6pm - Salad
  • 6:30pm - Walk dog (20-30 min)
  • 8pm - Cooked hot meal (Eg. sauteed zucchini/roasted cauliflower)
  • 9pm - Calorie free drink or flavored water
So the key is to have a continuous succession of small meals in small increments to remain somewhat sated. This diet is suicide if you try to use a 3 meal format. You'll be miserable and will experience wild fluctuations in your mood and energy.

Small meals throughout the day will keep you going and the energy levels somewhat stable. 21 days in I've realized every 2 hours tends to be the sweet spot for myself, although it will probably vary depending on your age, health, etc.

I also try to alternate between shakes and solid food, just to keep things varied. Never the same meal twice. I try to end each night with a 'sweet' beverage because it tends to trick the body into thinking food intake is over (The 'dessert' response).

As for exercise I've really had to cut back..This diet simply does not afford you a lot of energy to expend so keep it very light. I just walk my dog a few times a week at a slow pace because I don't have the energy reserves to do anything more intense than that. The diet really does 95% of the work with this approach it seems.

Reactions: 2 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Borzoi
Thanks for your detailed updates and congratulations on your excellent results so far. I am from Canberra in Australia and have to say what a great resource this website is. I have been on the Newcastle diet having started on 27 December.
I am a type 2 diagnosed 4 years ago and was diet controlled initially and then metformin 1000 per day (since last year)

57 year old male
Sales Rep (Commission based)
Other medical issues high cholesterol and moderate depression

My daily diet consists of 3 x Optifast shakes and 1 x 200 cal Veges - Totaling 790-820 calories per day

Starting Figures and weekly updates

27 Dec 232.6lbs Fasting BG 8.7
3 Jan 226.0 6.8
10 Jan 221.3 4.5 Stopped taking Metformin
17 Jan 216.9 5.2
24 Jan 212.9 4.9

Apart from the diet I do 20 minutes of strength exercises each second day and maintain 10,000 steps a day (normal daily activity topped up with walking)

I also have experienced similar issues (Cold and Lack of Energy) as well as how to make those Veges taste great

I have never had a sweet tooth but love chips, crackers, potatoes, pasta and bread. I very much believe that my diabetes is lifestyle related and as such am prepared to see if this diet can impact that to the point of remission

To date the results are excellent.

Roytaylorjasonfunglover

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Borzoi
Thanks for your detailed updates and congratulations on your excellent results so far. I am from Canberra in Australia and have to say what a great resource this website is. I have been on the Newcastle diet having started on 27 December.
I am a type 2 diagnosed 4 years ago and was diet controlled initially and then metformin 1000 per day (since last year)

57 year old male
Sales Rep (Commission based)
Other medical issues high cholesterol and moderate depression

My daily diet consists of 3 x Optifast shakes and 1 x 200 cal Veges - Totaling 790-820 calories per day

Starting Figures and weekly updates

27 Dec 232.6lbs Fasting BG 8.7
3 Jan 226.0 6.8
10 Jan 221.3 4.5 Stopped taking Metformin
17 Jan 216.9 5.2
24 Jan 212.9 4.9

Apart from the diet I do 20 minutes of strength exercises each second day and maintain 10,000 steps a day (normal daily activity topped up with walking)

I also have experienced similar issues (Cold and Lack of Energy) as well as how to make those Veges taste great

I have never had a sweet tooth but love chips, crackers, potatoes, pasta and bread. I very much believe that my diabetes is lifestyle related and as such am prepared to see if this diet can impact that to the point of remission

Amazing numbers , that is quite a job! You should be proud,

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Amazing numbers , that is quite a job! You should be proud,
Cheers. And I am. But as we all know in our world it is a beginning and reaching my goal and then moving from this extreme diet to an ongoing one that can maintain that goal both with weight and BG are challenges still in front of me.

Borzoi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey guys, daily update. I think I'm over the secondary 'hump' I encountered last week-Which was really difficult for me. A sudden bout of intense hunger pangs and weakness were getting the better of me, but I've recovered from that in a really good way and it's been a lot easier. Numbers still holding up, and Texas has been crazy cold so I'm wearing 3 layers out and about to address the sensitivity to cold.

8lVWHMs.jpg

Latest food experiment-Turned out pretty decent, just be very sparing with the hot sauce-Little bit goes a loooong way with cauliflower. Smothering it like they do with chicken makes it inedible. It's my attempt of replicating chicken wings.

Borzoi

Muzza, those are amazing results..And the fact you're managing to keep that active is fantastic. You're doing a lot better than I am it seems. :) I can barely manage the walks at times.

Could I recommend setting up your own thread and log? There's really not any people attempting this diet it seems. The more logs there are out there, the more people might be encouraged to give it a shot if the results turn out good. It's also pretty encouraging to have other people's encouragement and be able to share their experiences.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hey guys, daily update. I think I'm over the secondary 'hump' I encountered last week-Which was really difficult for me. A sudden bout of intense hunger pangs and weakness were getting the better of me, but I've recovered from that in a really good way and it's been a lot easier. Numbers still holding up, and Texas has been crazy cold so I'm wearing 3 layers out and about to address the sensitivity to cold.

8lVWHMs.jpg

Latest food experiment-Turned out pretty decent, just be very sparing with the hot sauce-Little bit goes a loooong way with cauliflower. Smothering it like they do with chicken makes it inedible. It's my attempt of replicating chicken wings.

Muzza, those are amazing results..And the fact you're managing to keep that active is fantastic. You're doing a lot better than I am it seems. :) I can barely manage the walks at times.

Could I recommend setting up your own thread and log? There's really not any people attempting this diet it seems. The more logs there are out there, the more people might be encouraged to give it a shot if the results turn out good. It's also pretty encouraging to have other people's encouragement and be able to share their experiences.
Thanks Borzoi
Fair point re new post. I will take up that suggestion. Re results and activity it is sensational weather here in our summer so easy to get out. Also I find the walking a distraction from hunger pangs and thoughts of those comfort foods I often desire (mainly potato chips/crisps). I think you are doing bloody well and your efforts in beefing up the veges(pardon the pun) are fantastic(Buffalo Cauliflower looks sensational) Thanks for sharing and I will keep following your progress it really seems like a very worthwhile path
Cheers
Muzza

Borzoi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Daily update. Numbers are looking good and the weight continues to melt off at a steady rate. I've developed something resembling 'keto breath,' a metallic flavor in the mouth similar to what you get from very low carb diets when your body enters a fat burning state.

Realized the Atkins shakes I replaced in the place of Optifast have less carbs, which probably explains why my body may have entered such a state. Might need to up the intake of veggies here, will keep an eye on it.

j2tfKec.jpg

Still experimenting with cauliflower and I've realized this is the best way to make them so far: Take one head, cut it up into little pieces-Salt and pepper, throw on a roasting pan and put in the oven on medium heat until well browned (I eyeball it, usually takes 2 hours or so). Makes for some very satisfying alternatives to chips or fries.

It just takes a while of low heat baking to achieve a real crispy texture-Something which is sorely lacking in this type of diet.

Made a little sauce using horseradish and sriracha with a little mustard-Very satisfying!

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, there will be times when you would feel like giving up but it is all worth it in the end.

Borzoi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey guys! Happy Friday/Saturday depending on where you might be. The night life has been a drag as of late without the presence of dining out or drinking, but I've been keeping myself busy with work to address that. 2 months of timeout on that is a stretch, but won't kill.

The averages appear to be steadily dipping to or below 80 this week. At this point nothing fits me anymore, haha. Even the skinniest jeans I wore years ago fall off unless I use a belt. Currently wearing three layers at all times to keep myself warm, as it is pretty cold in Texas still. Food wise I haven't been experimenting much due to work deadlines keeping me busy-So the usual shakes/salads and stir fries have been keeping the hunger relatively sated.

roXAp1t.jpg

So as this first month of the Newcastle diet comes to a close I wanted to share how I've been tracking my progress, and a great tool for undertaking a diet like this. I call it the 'Accountability Chart.' It's as simple as it sounds.. A chart you fill in at the end of each day to show you made it another day, as well as logging resting numbers in the morning. I keep it close to my bed so I'm always reminded of it during moments of weakness, and the progress made so far. In this instance I draw a little cat for every day I've followed the diet..A trainer told me to use this technique years ago and I've found it to be amazing for staying on track ever since. I'm surprised how effective it's been. (My wife has also been using it to keep track of her work outs, so mind the random numbers haha)

Last edited by a moderator:

FloraDora

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An inspiring read - well done, I will follow with interest.

I have just embarked on Dr Michael Mosley's 8-week blood sugar diet. Similar to Newcastle but with real food - 800 calories a day. I am astounded and thrilled with the results. Following LCHF I had lost weight and reduced my BG readings, but not enough for my satisfaction. My husbanded (pre-diabetic) wanted to try the 8-week diet so I thought I would join him. My BG readings have dropped and more to the point have been steady throughout the day, and my morning fasting reading is now the lowest ever.

Typical days food on the 8-week diet ..........Yoghurt/fruit for breakfast, sardine dip with veg for lunch, chicken with bean mash and green veg for dinner. Totally yummy. Lots of ideas in his book.

I take 2 Metformin a day. My goal would be to get my BG readings out of the diabetic range, stop the Metformin (the diabetic nurse said I would be on it for life), and to normalize my weight. I'm making progress, and very pleased with the new regime.

I will follow your progress with interest. Congratulations.

Reactions: 4 people

Borzoi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello again everyone. Happy Monday wherever you might be.

So let's talk about some ups and downs the last few days:

Ups: The month of January has closed and I lost another .2 stone/3 pounds the last week, bringing the total to close to 19 lbs/1.35 stone just for January! Numbers have been stable and have been updated on the log.

Downs: I think I've developed Insomnia. No idea how I could be having trouble sleeping considering how tired one usually feels on the diet, but sleeping has become rather erratic. Using Melatonin supplements as a sleep aid has become a must the last few days as I have no idea what the root cause is. Looking into it.

I also had sugar free chocolate as a special treat during a special occasion with my wife last weekend (It was special enough to prompt the small break in diet). Problem was that it was loaded with sugar alcohols as I noticed my blood sugar spike in an odd way while checking my post meal. Thankfully it returned to within range in 2 hours.

Remember, if you see any sugar free treat that has more than 5g of sugar alcohol..And especially an ingredient like MALTITOL..Avoid like the plague. Not all sweeteners are made the same-And this one might as well be hidden carbs going directly into your bloodstream. In this case the packaging of this chocolate had 20g of Sugar Alcohol per serving! In itself that should serve as a red flag..Just a heads up.

eiPLL80.jpg

That aside, I was able to find some really good snacks at my local Whole Foods market this weekend to make up for that unpleasant experience. Roasted Kale with flavoring and Seaweed Crisps. And by Seaweed crisps, I mean just roasted seaweed. These snacks are really delicious and extremely low in fat and only contain naturally occurring carbs-About 1g a serving. Texturally they're as close as you might get to chips, which I'm 100% fine with. :)

After seeing how delicious they were I'm tempted to start roasting some of my own kale as a chip alternative when the craving strikes. Now that we're in February, the diet continues for one more month! Anxious to see what the tests turn up in a few weeks time.

An inspiring read - well done, I will follow with interest.

I have just embarked on Dr Michael Mosley's 8-week blood sugar diet. Similar to Newcastle but with real food - 800 calories a day. I am astounded and thrilled with the results. Following LCHF I had lost weight and reduced my BG readings, but not enough for my satisfaction. My husbanded (pre-diabetic) wanted to try the 8-week diet so I thought I would join him. My BG readings have dropped and more to the point have been steady throughout the day, and my morning fasting reading is now the lowest ever.

I take 2 Metformin a day. My goal would be to get my BG readings out of the diabetic range, stop the Metformin (the diabetic nurse said I would be on it for life), and to normalize my weight. I'm making progress, and very pleased with the new regime.

I will follow your progress with interest. Congratulations.

Well I envy this diet, haha. The veg and shakes do get quite old on occasion, but the focus keeps things in perspective. I hope Dr. Mosley's diet works out great for you, the idea of a little more real food mixed in sounds incredibly appealing. Please share your progress if you're so inclined! This low calorie forum is rather lonely it seems. :) Maybe you can inspire someone to undertake a similar diet as yours.

Reactions: 10 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Ups: The month of January has closed and I lost another .25 stone/4 pounds the last week, bringing the total to close to 20 lbs/1.4 stone just for January! Numbers have been stable and have been updated on the log.

Downs: I think I've developed Insomnia. No idea how I could be having trouble sleeping considering how tired one usually feels on the diet, but sleeping has become rather erratic. Using Melatonin supplements as a sleep aid has become a must the last few days as I have no idea what the root cause is. Looking into it.

I also had sugar free chocolate as a special treat during a special occasion with my wife last weekend (It was special enough to prompt the small break in diet). Problem was that it was loaded with sugar alcohols as I noticed my blood sugar spike in an odd way while checking my post meal. Thankfully it returned to within range in 2 hours.

Remember, if you see any sugar free treat that has more than 5g of sugar alcohol..And especially an ingredient like MALTITOL..Avoid like the plague. Not all sweeteners are made the same-And this one might as well be hidden carbs going directly into your bloodstream. In this case the packaging of this chocolate had 20g of Sugar Alcohol per serving! In itself that should serve as a red flag..Just a heads up.

eiPLL80.jpg

That aside, I was able to find some really good snacks at my local Whole Foods market this weekend to make up for that unpleasant experience. Roasted Kale with flavoring and Seaweed Crisps. And by Seaweed crisps, I mean just roasted seaweed. These snacks are really delicious and extremely low in fat and only contain naturally occurring carbs-About 1g a serving. Texturally they're as close as you might get to chips, which I'm 100% fine with. :)

After seeing how delicious they were I'm tempted to start roasting some of my own kale as a chip alternative when the craving strikes. Now that we're in February, the diet continues for one more month! Anxious to see what the tests turn up in a few weeks time.

Well I envy this diet, haha. The veg and shakes do get quite old on occasion, but the focus keeps things in perspective. I hope Dr. Mosley's diet works out great for you, the idea of a little more real food mixed in sounds incredibly appealing. Please share your progress if you're so inclined! This low calorie forum is rather lonely it seems. :) Maybe you can inspire someone to undertake a similar diet as yours.
Hi Borzoi
Great results and very similar to mine for the month. I'll try and post my results to date and provide updates as you suggested over the next few days. I am a chip man as well were the seaweed crisps close?
Cheers

Roytaylorjasonfunglover

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Ups: The month of January has closed and I lost another .25 stone/4 pounds the last week, bringing the total to close to 20 lbs/1.4 stone just for January! Numbers have been stable and have been updated on the log.

eiPLL80.jpg

Amazing, you should be really proud of yourself, I do not ever I have seen somebody sticking so good the diet as you, and the accountability chart was really fun to see!

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/medicalsciences/research/groups/profile/roy.taylor

About the insomnia is something I always struggle with when it comes to weightloss as well, maybe you could email Roy Taylor and tell him about your progress and tell what he thinks about progression and strictness of diet? One guy in the links I posted stopped after 11 days, when he asked Roy Taylor via email if he needed to go longer, but he was at a much lower weight do. Roy Taylor responds to most it seems. Good luck in the future, if people saw this thread they would be more encouraged I think, so I am going to do my best to spread it around. I think at least one earlier in the tread came her because of my post, so good luck in the future !

Borzoi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello again! Not much to report, progress continues as usual. I've increased the intake of raw vegetables to shakes to see if it might resolve the sleep disruptions I've been having. When I can sleep I just wake up at specific times at night (2am specifically the last 3 days for no reason?), or simply cannot sleep till late at night without aid from Melatonin.

Been experiencing some mild digestive discomfort as well, but it tends to come and go depending on the amount of solid vegetable intake to liquid. Increasing the portions of salads and raw veggies appears to help quite a bit.

FsbFh3o.jpg

Lately I've been messing around with adding Stevia drops to certain beverages seeing that I usually take my tea and coffee with milk or creamer. Overall it's ok, not something I'd recommend. Seems like these are best used to amplify already dressed drinks rather than replace the absence. Sure am craving some different flavors but I'm a little dry on ideas the last few days. If anything I've been cooking less and making much bigger salads-Seems to fill me up more when coupled with a lot of water.

Hi Borzoi
Great results and very similar to mine for the month. I'll try and post my results to date and provide updates as you suggested over the next few days. I am a chip man as well were the seaweed crisps close?
Cheers

Hey Muzza. Look forward to seeing the thread! Join up and I'll be hanging out there. As for the Seaweed 'chips,' I'd highly recommend these Seasnax 'STIX' if you can find them locally or online. Unlike most Seaweed snacks, these actually have thickness to them giving them a much more satisfying 'crunch' and body more similar to a chip. If not you'll be eating sheets of seaweed, which are really not the same. :( I've tried about a dozen brands for a snack fix and these were the ones I was happiest with. They also have other flavors.

h5QAacz.jpg

Amazing, you should be really proud of yourself, I do not ever I have seen somebody sticking so good the diet as you, and the accountability chart was really fun to see!

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/medicalsciences/research/groups/profile/roy.taylor

About the insomnia is something I always struggle with when it comes to weightloss as well, maybe you could email Roy Taylor and tell him about your progress and tell what he thinks about progression and strictness of diet? One guy in the links I posted stopped after 11 days, when he asked Roy Taylor via email if he needed to go longer, but he was at a much lower weight do. Roy Taylor responds to most it seems. Good luck in the future, if people saw this thread they would be more encouraged I think, so I am going to do my best to spread it around. I think at least one earlier in the tread came her because of my post, so good luck in the future !

Thank you for taking such an investment in my success Roy, had no idea I could just email the professor. I've got a bunch of questions here as with time the diet causes some interesting side effects (As any diet of such a sort probably would). It's a little nerve wracking at times because I do sometimes fear too much of an extreme could potentially be detrimental. The results speak otherwise, but my body is also sending some interesting feedback, haha.

Would also be nice to get some correspondence between him and my personal doctor, as such knowledge of this diet seems extremely limited. Whatever I can do to help get some positive data out, I'd be happy to do. Will be shooting him an email and introducing myself.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks Bozoi

I'll have a look for them and give them a try

Borzoi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Z4vr9wj.jpg

Hello again. Middle of the week! So I'm noticing my eating patterns are shifting away from cooked food the last few days. I've just been making massive salads with as many varied raw ingredients as I can, and it's been keeping me good and full! I think I've realized some of the cooked food has been keeping me hungry due to more seasoning required to add flavor (Aka, salt).

Today's megasalad™ (J/k) consists of a spring mix, cabbage, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers and a chopped up small pickle. Tiny drizzle of olive oil, and rice wine vinegar (Prefer it due to it's low sugar content). Blood sugar numbers are great as usual, although I'm afraid I might have contaminated some of my strips.

Noticed it this morning when I tested after spilling my strips and only got a consistent result on the 3rd and fourth. A little troubling considering the price. Cheers and onwards till the next update.

Borzoi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello! Happy Friday to everyone.

The diet continues on track. Numbers are still in the low fours, although my weight loss has slowed down this week compared to previous weeks. I was able to get a full nights sleep last night for the first time in a week, and wouldn't be surprised if the lack of sleep lately has had an impact on the weight loss. Thankfully the BG numbers were not thrown off.

So this update will be a little different, but there is some 'forward thinking' research currently going on at our household, courtesy of my wife's help. To give me something to look forward to she's been experimenting with a lot of low carb flours and natural sweeteners without the chemicals. The idea is to figure out some delicious recipes to look forward to when I transition into low carb dieting after this.

qX1goQn.jpg

(No these are not part of the Newcastle diet, you wish lol)

This is an example of what she's been able to figure out so far. She knows I used to love eating a donut every once in a while, and she's managed to replicate a delicious baked low sugar/low carb version using almond flour and Erithyrol. It's frosted with a chocolate glaze created out of 90% dark chocolate, cream (The only source of natural sugar in the recipe) and cashew milk and natural sweetener. I helped her make these but obviously didn't eat any-But she's informed me that they were amazing and moist on the inside (They do smell amazing, I can report that). She's had them with morning coffee the last few days and will be making them regularly as well as other varieties of desserts using the same base.

She also replicated a low carb cauliflower crust pizza with almond flour, a cauliflower mash that tastes exactly like the potato version without the carb guilt, and some other delicious foods. Low gylcemic impact with all the flavor of the original. Really looking forward to being able to transition to such treats in a few weeks! I love that the Newcastle diet makes transitioning to another diet a thing to look forward to, hahaha. :)

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hello! Happy Friday to everyone.

The diet continues on track. Numbers are still in the low fours, although my weight loss has slowed down this week compared to previous weeks. I was able to get a full nights sleep last night for the first time in a week, and wouldn't be surprised if the lack of sleep lately has had an impact on the weight loss. Thankfully the BG numbers were not thrown off.

So this update will be a little different, but there is some 'forward thinking' research currently going on at our household, courtesy of my wife's help. To give me something to look forward to she's been experimenting with a lot of low carb flours and natural sweeteners without the chemicals. The idea is to figure out some delicious recipes to look forward to when I transition into low carb dieting after this.

qX1goQn.jpg

(No these are not part of the Newcastle diet, you wish lol)

This is an example of what she's been able to figure out so far. She knows I used to love eating a donut every once in a while, and she's managed to replicate a delicious baked low sugar/low carb version using almond flour and Erithyrol. It's frosted with a chocolate glaze created out of 90% dark chocolate, cream (The only source of natural sugar in the recipe) and cashew milk and natural sweetener. I helped her make these but obviously didn't eat any-But she's informed me that they were amazing and moist on the inside (They do smell amazing, I can report that). She's had them with morning coffee the last few days and will be making them regularly as well as other varieties of desserts using the same base.

She also replicated a low carb cauliflower crust pizza with almond flour, a cauliflower mash that tastes exactly like the potato version without the carb guilt, and some other delicious foods. Low gylcemic impact with all the flavor of the original. Really looking forward to being able to transition to such treats in a few weeks! I love that the Newcastle diet makes transitioning to another diet a thing to look forward to, hahaha. :)
Hi Borzoi
Wow your better half looks after you so well. I totally agree about looking forward to "the next step" and eating after 8 weeks
I have had others suggest the 5/2 but am undecided but am starting to consider my opotions over the next fortnight. Will be following your thoughts on it
Cheers (Weigh In Tomorrow morning)

Borzoi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello again! Been quiet a few days, I know. Happened to catch one hell of a cold as the Texas weather is completely insane as of late- Hot/cold/hot/cold. The only way I've strayed is a few sugar free cough drops. Positive side is, I've recovered a lot faster than in the past when my sugars were a little higher. About 3 days out of it.

This week's weigh in results are in: 174.4, down 2.6lbs (.2 stone) from last week. Not as good as last week, but I sum it up to the insomnia and getting sick impeding my body. Numbers have remained rather well. A little higher the last two days, I'd chalk it up to sickness but still within normal range.

QDJOjaw.jpg

Food update! Nice breakthrough-My wife told me about Zucchini Noodles (Aka Zoodles). Created using a spiralizer this is actually a pretty delicious meal! Made a sauce using a low carb/low fat pasta sauce with mushrooms and sauteed onions. I just subbed out one of my daily shakes (Down to about 2 daily) for a hot meal tonight. Hunger pangs are a thing of the past for now.

9c9t46p.jpg

Progress continues.