3 months past my liver transplant

scousescot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
i go back to edinburgh royal hospital on thursday 27th i have had diabetes for some time. the nerve ends on the bottom of my legs and top of my feet are giving me jip, i have been given cream for my legs. i take 3x18 units novorapid and 28 units of lantus at night. need something to take the pain away, i have gabapentin and paracetamol but only works for 2 or 3 hours.....can any one help

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Can't help although there have been people on here who have reversed the neurological symptoms with strictly a controlled diet, exercise and reduced medication once the diet is helping your glucose levels.

Sucre Bleu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is also Panadol Osteo, which is a stronger dose of Panadol on slow release, I have been taking it on a regular basis for quite a while now, and it has excellent pain control. In fact sometimes I don't think I need it anymore and stop taking it, and within a few days the pain has returned, so it is very effective

scousescot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks guys, i have taken it all in. i haven seen 5 doctors been to 1 hospital and talked to 2 others. i think i am getting some were now so thanks again

scousescot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I went to the Victoria, the doctor said the pain in the back was not diabetes related and wan't x ray of my lower back but gave me nothing on my legs and gave me new appointment in four months. my lower legs have pain all the time with a rash, drive me mad