Zero coke and the wee tipple...

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
YHave you thought of dropping the meds. I bet you'd stay in the same range....

I don't take it for my BG, in-fact I am absolutely certain that Metformin does virtually nothing for it. I usually forget to take it most of the time, I have at least 6 boxes in my meds cabinet and received a call the other day from the Pharmacy telling me they had another prescription awaiting collection.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bakedalaska I know you are methodical with everything so if you are thinking of repeating the experience, for scientific purposes of course do remember to use your meter to test the coke zero and you will soon know if it contains actual sugar. I know what you mean about stalling weight loss, Im currently sitting at one of my old set points with my weight but Im not too worried as the last time I was this weight my girls were toddlers and they're now in their twenties so Im happy.

S

Sean01

I love it, Sean: I can turn most meals into : how far away do I need to park from the table in order to eat that
Glad I could help. I'd like a signed copy when it's done - and if you want to swap notes on single malts - drop me a line

jimsboss

Sorry important data missed: I am not on any diabetes medication since reducing the weight (6 months passed) and exercising...
Good on you! I have just retired after 50 years and don't do nearly enough exercise now. However, I do make sure I take the Meds I've been prescribed. About once every couple of months me fasting BG will jump from an average of 7.7 to 23! Having looked this up, it is not uncommon, we're all human

littlelin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness; Ageism;Rain&Cold.
Glad I could help. I'd like a signed copy when it's done - and if you want to swap notes on single malts - drop me a line
Hi Sean, you seem the expert I need. In Spain at present and am taking a liking to brandy and tonic. harder to find the diet one out here.
Met 2 x 500 only for Type 2 but I am on a weight loss ledge I cant get off 4ft 10 and 10 stone..... so would I be better enjoying rioja than my brandy most days? sod the weight loss for another month then I'll have a good go at it.
Gluten free and very healthy fresh food diet. mostly fish and salads. My booze is my treat!
Thanks for the info or where I might find answer.

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sean01

Hi Sean, you seem the expert I need. In Spain at present and am taking a liking to brandy and tonic. harder to find the diet one out here.
Met 2 x 500 only for Type 2 but I am on a weight loss ledge I cant get off 4ft 10 and 10 stone..... so would I be better enjoying rioja than my brandy most days? sod the weight loss for another month then I'll have a good go at it.
Gluten free and very healthy fresh food diet. mostly fish and salads. My booze is my treat!
Thanks for the info or where I might find answer.
Brandy and tonic???? That sounds horrible. Brandy is best served neat. Whisky is best served with tow drops of water. It opens up the esters (the smell bits of organic chemistry to give the fruity notes and the flavour. I only ever use highland mineral water but if I run out , i tend to look at the price of the bottle I'm drinking and then one tear from each eye usually does the trick. Not an expert on wine - but I do know it's made from grapes - but when it comes to whisky I am a Guardian of GlenLivet and a Custodian of Dalmore which means that in return for certain privileges, I must promise to drop everything, grab my long bow and come to the distillery's aid immediately and yes I have a long bow. My understanding is that neat whisky/brandy is preferable to other spirits that require mixers. I've read about wine on this site but in one ear and out the other when it comes to wine. The other good thing about a decent single malt is that it is to be savoured rather than guzzled. (In a previous life I drank wine like fruit juice but stopped at the age of 22/23 because I was getting too good at it. I went tea total until about 7 years ago and now drink single malt whisky on saturdays in October. (long story)