Can you add BG readings direct to the Accu Chek Insight pump.

Jkm2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi

Can anyone help answer my question above. I use the combo but I cant enter BG readings to the pump. Can anyone tell me if you manually add BG readings to the pump rather than using the handset. Useful for entering readings from my libre. Also does it have a blous caluculater on the pump, or do you have to use the handset.

Can you enter a manual reading on the handset?

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
you can't add BG levels no but the diasend will pic up your Libre results if they give you one, as for the bolus calculator you will need a BG reading for that to work so you will need to use the handset, you can give bolus doses though from the pump but without a BG result this would be unwise

Jkm2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you. I wanted to make a manual correction from the result in my libre. Right now I check my BG's on my libre and if I have to make a correction I have to do another test on my combo to make the correct which is very counter productive. I want to be enter by BG's manually (results from the libre). I'm due a new meter soon and want to make the right choice.

Ruth0212

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Out of interest Jkm, do your results from libre always match the combo? (I use accuchek spirit combo-old version of insight really). I have just started using the libre and so far I don't think I'd trust the libre results to do a manual correction/bolus. Mind you, I have the issue of needing v small amounts of insulin so it has to be spot on.