Type 1 Chat

niamht98

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi my name is Niamh and I'm 17 years old, I've had T1 for 16 years and I'm just looking for people to chat to going though the same things as me, maybe even make some new friends :) x

Reactions: 2 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey I'm cloe ,
Lovely name can't say I've really heard that a lot . :)

I've had diabetes for 17 years this year so basically the same period of time , I'm 24 .

Always nice to talk to new people with diabetes :) x

Reactions: 4 people

Markham_K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey. I'm Kim, in 22

Only been diagnosed since the 7th January, so it's all new to me ...

Nice to meet you both :) x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey. I'm Kim, in 22

Only been diagnosed since the 7th January, so it's all new to me ...

Nice to meet you both :) x

Hey Kim , oh wow very new to diabetes , there's alot to take in eh . How are you copying so far ?

x

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to you both and nice to see you posting @Cloe-1992 :)

@Markham_K - we are learning everyday with diabetes. Just getting a positive mindset is difficult at times but have a browse on the forums here and you will get loads of help, tips and suggestions for meals. Don't feel it deprives you :)

Reactions: 8 people

niamht98

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey I'm cloe ,
Lovely name can't say I've really heard that a lot . :)

I've had diabetes for 17 years this year so basically the same period of time , I'm 24 .

Always nice to talk to new people with diabetes :) x
Hi cloe, haha thank you it is quite an unusual name as it's an Irish name, I've had many different pronunciations of it over the years

I was diagnosed a week before my first birthday, so pretty much had T1 all my life.
I'm currently on an insulin pump and I've had one for about 5 years now, but at the moment I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be doing so my latest hba1c was 87% so my clinic have said it may get taken off me if my hba1c doesn't improve
so if you have any tips or anything that would be great

Markham_K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey Kim , oh wow very new to diabetes , there's alot to take in eh . How are you copying so far ?

x
There is a lot yes.. At first I wasn't coping at all, but my dads been great he's become a diabetes guru haha it's not as scary now, just need to get my blood sugar under control :) x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi cloe, haha thank you it is quite an unusual name as it's an Irish name, I've had many different pronunciations of it over the years

I was diagnosed a week before my first birthday, so pretty much had T1 all my life.
I'm currently on an insulin pump and I've had one for about 5 years now, but at the moment I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be doing so my latest hba1c was 87% so my clinic have said it may get taken off me if my hba1c doesn't improve
so if you have any tips or anything that would be great

Wow really young then .
Oh no that must be a worry that they have said they might take it off of you , let's hope that doesn't happen .
Definitely as annoying as it is keep testing loads look for patterns of highs or lows and keep tweaking lol . Log them all Down somewhere too so you can see whats going on , helps me out a lot seeing them all infront of me x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is a lot yes.. At first I wasn't coping at all, but my dads been great he's become a diabetes guru haha it's not as scary now, just need to get my blood sugar under control :) x

That's so nice to hear , it makes it a little bit easier doesn't it when you have that kind of support from family .
You sound as if your doing great. x

tiffany07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How did your pregnancy go? Do you only have one child...and thank you for replying

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How did your pregnancy go? Do you only have one child...and thank you for replying

Yes I only have one baby , a little boy who's nearly 10 months . I had a good pregnancy he did arrive early but all in all was a good pregnancy , it is a difficult journey but it's definitely do able as many women on this forum have proven .
It takes a lot of hard work and willingness , testing and tweaking and working closely with your diabetes team , but it's so worth it for a healthy baby . Are you planning yourself ?

:)

tiffany07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a ten month old baby also. My pregnancy was great ...I hope to have another. Technology today my diabetes hasn't been better. We are probably healthier than half the people without diabetes cause we lead a healthy lifestyle. Thats why I hate when people act as if diabetes is a death sentence we can live life as ling as anyone else just have to take care of ourselves I know alot of people who've had it a long time.

Reactions: 4 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a ten month old baby also. My pregnancy was great ...I hope to have another. Technology today my diabetes hasn't been better. We are probably healthier than half the people without diabetes cause we lead a healthy lifestyle. Thats why I hate when people act as if diabetes is a death sentence we can live life as ling as anyone else just have to take care of ourselves I know alot of people who've had it a long time.

Oh have you really that's lovely , have you got a little boy or girl ? How many weeks where they born at .
That's great you had an amazing pregnancy and want more , were only having the one baby .
Yeah I understand that , diabetes is manageable just got to put in the work to keep it in control , I've always said I don't actually mind having diabetes I'd feel a little lost with out it as it's so normal now lol .
How do you find managing it and looking after the little one ? Are you on pump or injections.

tiffany07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh have you really that's lovely , have you got a little boy or girl ? How many weeks where they born at .
That's great you had an amazing pregnancy and want more , were only having the one baby .
Yeah I understand that , diabetes is manageable just got to put in the work ft huu 6
to keep it in control , I've always said I don't actually mind having diabetes I'd feel a little lost with out it as it's so normal now lol .
How do you find managing it and looking after the little one ? Are you on pump or injections.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey,

Is there any issues with your control that you think needs addressed..........

are your basal rates OK?

Is it the food that causing your problems....?