When you first used the forum, how did you go about it?

When you first started reading this forum, whether before or after joining, how did you navigate?

• Do a forum search?

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Look for “your type” of diabetes?

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Look for a specific thread title?

• Just read around?

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • Start a thread to ask a question?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jump into an existing thread and ask a question?

• Something else. Please make a post and tell us what you did.

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Dusk71

I usually look through the latest threads that are relevant to me to see if anything interesting has come up ( usually recipes in hflc tbh!)
Maybe add my fbg and comment on anything I'm interested in

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I looked around and I also put a tick in "Other" because I started a thread to introduce myself with a bit of background information I think so it wasn't really a question.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did a lot of food testing for about six months to see which foods raised my blood sugar before I realised there were others out there. I found this site by chance and someone asked a question which I knew the answer to so I just replied. The rest is history.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I thought I'd come up with a miracle way of controlling my diabetes (low-carbing) and wondered if any one else had thought of it and I was getting more than a bit bored with my food as I was zero carving. Not to be recommended. So a quick google brought me here. I very quickly realised I had a LOT to learn so lurked for about a month (mainly on the low carb forum) before feeling confident enough to post.

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
It takes courage to ask questions and to challenge but unfortunately it can leave us open to attack and ridicule. I'm very sorry you received the comments that you did and I hope they will be retracted or removed by the moderators.

@poshtotty

thank you for your very kind words but I have a fairly thick skin and I suspect the "moderators" wont make the effort this time. I don't bother to post often as I find the forum to be somewhat cliquey at the best of times. Low posting person is not necessarily a valued member of forum in my experience.