Nutra Bullet

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
A Nutri-bullet is really just a blender. It's what you put into the blender that has the effect, so blending lots of fruit to make a smoothie wouldn't be great on your blood glucose levels, whereas blending a load of green veg with some greek yoghurt would be much better.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a forum search for 'green smoothies'
We've had some great threads over the last year or two on the subject. Lots of ideas and recipes.

Paulcunny

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
i've just been a bought one (well, a brevelle blend active which was £20 from sainsburys) just made a kale, flaxseed, cinnamon, blueberry & almond milk smoothie, it's actually quite nice!

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
i've just been a bought one (well, a brevelle blend active which was £20 from sainsburys) just made a kale, flaxseed, cinnamon, blueberry & almond milk smoothie, it's actually quite nice!

Nice.
That's pretty much what I have most days, except I have kale, cinnamon, 6 blueberries, double cream, cider vinegar and Brazil nuts.
I have to hold back on the blueberries as they spike my BG I tend use frozen berries as they are better carbwise than the blueberries it depend what we have in and needs to be used up, as my G/F likes the blueberries they can normally found in the fridge.

Reactions: 2 people

Paulcunny

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Nice.
That's pretty much what I have most days, except I have kale, cinnamon, 6 blueberries, double cream, cider vinegar and Brazil nuts.
I have to hold back on the blueberries as they spike my BG I tend use frozen berries as they are better carbwise than the blueberries it depend what we have in and needs to be used up, as my G/F likes the blueberries they can normally found in the fridge.
they are frozen blueberries if that makes a difference?

i just kinda made it up from other recipes i saw online, just found this tho, which might be useful?
78236644935f0c73c1d45065628fc01a.jpg
6baa8d9cfef936d55ea2cad86ee5019f.jpg
8cf1c9b9ae3e807612f0fcaf86ebaac7.jpg

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Hi Paul, frozen blueberries are just the same as fresh in terms of carbs, but you have to make sure they aren't sweetened by sugar as some fruited are frozen in sugary water.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulcunny

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi Paul, blueberries are just the same as fresh in terms of carbs, but you have to make sure they aren't sweetened by sugar as some fruited are frozen in sugary water.
i didn't know that! i shall check, thanks for the heads up

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Just bought the Lidl version and it seems pretty good.
So far I've just made a soup.
Blending the ingredients then simmering seems quicker than cooking then blending afterwards.

The green smoothie pictures above would more or less destroy me if I included the banana, grapes/pineapple and some fruit juice :-(

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Try a Vitamix blender if you ever get a chance. You'll never use anything else ever again.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Have any of you used a Nutra Bullet and what effect did it have? Thank you
I've had one for a while. I use it a lot. The brand that you mention has a strong motor and I prefer it to a juicer because you keep the bits. It does pretty much anything without a struggle and as for what does it do for me? Because of it's compact size I'm more inclined to keep it on the kitchen worktop and I use it almost every day. Probably means I get a lot more than my 5/7/9 (depends on who you listen to) a day.