enjoying your life

sugarybibs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
moaning people who have nothing wrong with them
is anyone else enjoying their life?i know i am and i have had type 1 for 39 years.when i first got diagnosed aged 17 i was really angry.I had just started work and also going out to town in liverpool where i come fromwith all my mates.My best friend and of course my mum and dad were really worried about me.I had to go into hospital for 2 weeks to get to see what insulin regime i would be on.In them days it was big needles and no such thing as blood glucose moniters we have now.your syringe would have to be soaked in methelated spirits and boiled and the needles were really thick!!i used to end up with all big thumps over my poor legs.Anyway to cut a long story short i cant believe how much better it is now if one is diagnosed with type 1 even though it is still really hard but as ive said before we only get one life so we should all enjoy it 8) 8)

acron^

Dislikes
Diabetes?
I can't claim to have had it as hard as you - I've only had Type 1 for just over a year, but I can totally appreciate the feeling of being 'cut down in your prime'. I was diagnosed a week after my 23rd birthday. But no, I am absolutely enjoying life. You've just got to accept it, make peace with it and then not let it control you. If anything, I tried to look at my diabetes as a wake up call. I've always wanted an incentive to improve my health and diet and now I have a bloody good one! Now I'm probably healthier than I have been in a long time!

Lovin' life!