Members Tattoos!

Lau89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thought i would start a thread for members to post pics of their ink because we all know that people with tattoos like to show off what they've got! and for all of you that don't id like to think that this thread will inspire you!

ill start with a few of mine, i have 2 3/4 sleeves, a full front piece, a rear shoulder piece, 2 wrists and one semi complete leg piece!

View attachment 7779
View attachment 7776

View attachment 7777
View attachment 7778
View attachment 7775
View attachment 7774

Wow, some awesome ink there! I have 4 tattoos, mostly music related, my next one will be a David Bowie tribute I think, one of my heroes.

Reactions: 2 people

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just have the one. Wanted it since a child - finally got it done aged 45. Not a single regret :)

my tattoo.jpg

Reactions: 10 people
N

NicolaB70

Here's mine.. It's my first tattoo and had it done last June. Will be getting my second one done this year, a 3D butterfly.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1453234001.449400.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've got a few tattoos - this is my most recent

image.jpeg

And this is one I had redone just before Christmas

image.jpeg

Reactions: 5 people

zoze_j

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Moths & mushrooms!
People who are ignorant towards diabetes :(
Animal cruelty
People who use their mobile phones whilst driving
Loving this thread! Finally, somewhere for diabet-inks!

I've got 7 currently, aspiring to get a lot more done...but they're just so **** expensive! Plus, the girl who I want to do my next ones...has a year long waiting list as she's very popular!

Unfortunately, mine are in some awkward places, so may need assistance to get photos to share with y'all! Haha.

zoze_j

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Moths & mushrooms!
People who are ignorant towards diabetes :(
Animal cruelty
People who use their mobile phones whilst driving
My husband Is a tattooist, so naturally, im pretty covered. He does quite a few diabetic tattoos. ;)

Oh my days! I'm jealous! If my fella was a tattooist I'd be covered too! Though knowing me, and my tendancy to go overboard with things, I'd end up looking like a cast member from the Circus of Horrors!!! :p

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got 6 tattoos, cant post pics cus im too stupid to work out how to do it.

I have a wolf on my right breast,
a wolf's head on my right shoulder
an hourglass with my daughter's names on my right arm
I have a wolf and bat on my top left shoulder
I have a bracelet of skulls along my right wrist
and I have a custom made tattoo of my little dog above my heart

I am planning on a tattoo along my leg but still looking for the right design plus I need to be off a certain medication I'm taking which means I feel pain. I'm sure they stuck me on it to stop my bipolar craziness :D

S

Shar67

I plucked up the courage last year, thought I had a fabulous design went to tattooist and he said no, it wouldn't be right. It was a wrist and lower arm piece. So back to drawing board. I'm going for a full back piece when I get the money together as it is going to cost a couple of grand.

rocknrollman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tories,people who like hunting and snobs.Also Pompey fc.
I have a few Saints tattoos,an old 50s microphone on one arm and two rings on the other.I also have an iconic picture of Elvis in concert in 1955 on my back.
I will put pics on here as soon as i have figured out how to post them.

SamFergusson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rudeness
I am loving these posts! I was always told growing up that I couldn't have any ink because of my diabetes, but I'm pleased to say I now have 5 & I'm pricing up my 6th! I will post some pics later :)

SamFergusson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rudeness
Hi all, does anyone have any tattoos on their injection site? I want my next piece on my thigh but apprehensive as I don't want injections to effect it & vice versa :) x