CGM

novowolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all just a quick question here. Is it possible to get a free trial of a cgm ? i think its the enlite sensor i need as im on a 640g pump.. just had to ask as im sure i read it somewhere not long ago but i might be making it up in my head haha..
cheers lads :)

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Best bet would be to ask medtronic

irrationalJohn

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Is it possible to get a free trial of a cgm ?
Because how well one "gets along" with a CGM system can vary one heck of lot from one person to another, limiting your initial commitment by arranging some sort of a trial run is definitely the approach I would recommend to everyone.

Unfortunately, the companies would probably prefer everyone instead just signed up for a year long contract and then hope everything will all work out.

In other words, you'd most likely have to some work to make a trial happen. Some people do manage to convince Medtronic to let them try before they buy, but so far I haven't come across anyone describing how they did it. (I wish someone would.) :(

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A couple of years ago, when Medtronic had a special offer, my DSN gave me the rep's mobile number. I told the rep I was interested in the offer but she suggested doing a trial first, to make sure cgm suited me. I suggest you ask your DSN for a trial and she'll either arrange it for you or give you the rep's number.

If that doesn't work, just ask Medtronic.

P.S. I missed out on the special offer and waited for another, which didn't happen. Fortunately for me, due to my recognition of hypos becoming worse, I was granted funding for the cgm. It has its ups and downs (just like the pump) but I think it's great!

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My pump clinic has them for trial purposes, well, not trial as such, but to help pinpoint issues over certain times of the day, and thats even for non pumpers, so it might be possible........although it sounds as if you want to make a decision on whether to have one full time....