Any type 1s in northern ireland?

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi All

I was thinking of starting a support group in northern ireland and just wanted to reach out and see if there are many with our fabulous (sarcasm) illness in the country!

monty1878

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi All

I was thinking of starting a support group in northern ireland and just wanted to reach out and see if there are many with our fabulous (sarcasm) illness in the country!
Yip type 1 diagnosed just over two weeks ago - from Bangor

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Monty! Im sure its all a bit shocking at the moment. How are you feelin? Wat age are you?

markbrown

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Type 1for 10 years now lorry driver and its not easy in my job but u have to put up with it east Belfast

monty1878

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Monty! Im sure its all a bit shocking at the moment. How are you feelin? Wat age are you?
32 lynz - just trying to get on with it and act as if it everything is normal. How long have you been diabetic?

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Im just about to turn 32 on valentines day and feel middle aged lol ive been diabetic for 5 years now. To be honest it was a relief wen i was diagnosed as i was so ill for months!! Its good to be pragmatic about his illness but if ur having a tough time thats ok too!!

monty1878

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Im just about to turn 32 on valentines day and feel middle aged lol ive been diabetic for 5 years now. To be honest it was a relief wen i was diagnosed as i was so ill for months!! Its good to be pragmatic about his illness but if ur having a tough time thats ok too!!
Yeah I pretty much knew I was diabetic based on the symptoms but spending 2 nights in hospital on a drip was the worst part.

The hassle of it all, checking before driving and the paranoia of being low are the hardest parts at the moment

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The paranoia subsides a bit as you get used to things but dont ever get complacent....itll bite u in the bum. I dont drive yet (i know its shameful) but i can imagine thats very annoying!