Diabetic Thyroid Problems

Angela_T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
Hello, does anyone know what Thyroxine level high normal 21.7 mean in Thyroid test and TSH slightly suppressed at 0.02 means?
Confused does it means it's high or normal does anyone know so confused by the words both put down normal and high which one is it any ideas?

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
TEST IT OUT ON INTERNET possible best site s wilpedia or nhs site

vic
ps try putting the words in different ways ok

Reactions: 2 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, does anyone know what Thyroxine level high normal 21.7 mean in Thyroid test and TSH slightly suppressed at 0.02 means?
Confused does it means it's high or normal does anyone know so confused by the words both put down normal and high which one is it any ideas?
High normal means it's still within the normal range but close to the top.
Are you on Levo? It's nothing to worry about as long as you feel fine.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried to find out on t'internet but was unable to find what my TSH levels meant. If you find anything can you let me know.

Angela_T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
High normal means it's still within the normal range but close to the top.
Are you on Levo? It's nothing to worry about as long as you feel fine.
Hi Totto, I'm on Levimir. I will admit im on Garbimizole 5mg for High Thyroid as I have the symptoms of sweats and dizziness and without the tablets I can't eat and get stomach ache. I'm just fighting 3 things at the moment and on new meds so levels keep changing 5.0ml, then 16ml when only have eaten rice pops and then back down to 6.2ml so confused as haven't eaten any bad foods or high sugar foods and still up and down think it maybe that just changed from Amitriptyline to Gabapentin don't know.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, so you are on carbimazole for treating hyperthyroidism, you TSH is still suppressed and your FT4 is at the high end of normal. Question is if you feel good on this level. If not, you might ask to raise the carbimazole a tiny bit.

If your BG goes up after eating rice pops you may want to have a look at the (extremely high) content of carbohydrates.

Reactions: 4 people

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I tried to find out on t'internet but was unable to find what my TSH levels meant. If you find anything can you let me know.

carol43
good morning to u
now done search for you I PUT IN THYROXINEN LEVELS and my search found 2 good sites 1 is wilkepedia and the
2 are on a site which is thyroid function levels by LEEDS TEACHING UNY

HOPE THIS HELPS IF NOT try the good folk at local library ,this is memory of my mother lost her life to thyroid problems age 50
vic

Elliehowell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
There are a few different levels of things to look at in a thyroid test. It is easily controlled but you have to get on the right level of meds first, then just have 6 monthly blood tests. Good luck xx

Angela_T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
OK, so you are on carbimazole for treating hyperthyroidism, you TSH is still suppressed and your FT4 is at the high end of normal. Question is if you feel good on this level. If not, you might ask to raise the carbimazole a tiny bit.

If your BG goes up after eating rice pops you may want to have a look at the (extremely high) content of carbohydrates.
Thank you so much. I saw my Diabetic nurse yesterday thank you and put my Thyroid dose up and now having toast or Weetabix in mornings instead thank you. Angela T

jal16

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello, I was only told by the nurse at my recent blood results that my thyroid wasn't "working properly". I don't know the levels or anything yet but am due to go for another blood test just for the thyroid in 3 weeks. I was told I was Diabetic Type 2 with a HBAc of 80 (was 100 last August) and I am also anaemic. However, I am wondering which one of these is making me feel so dizzy lately? As soon as I have my results from the thyroid tests Ill check back on here and have a look at all your helpful info. :)

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Thank you so much. I saw my Diabetic nurse yesterday thank you and put my Thyroid dose up and now having toast or Weetabix in mornings instead thank you. Angela T

Angela, both of those items that your nurse has recommended are high carb and ifr you can avoid them, it will be better for your sugar levels. All cereals, including porridge for many, tend to send bg levels skywards. Try eggs and bacon, or scrambled eggs, kipper..something lower carb.

EDIT - Sorry, I didn't realise you were T1, for some reason I thought you were T2! I'm not positive but I think that it is advisable for T1 to watch the carb content too?

Angela_T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
Angela, both of those items that your nurse has recommended are high carb and ifr you can avoid them, it will be better for your sugar levels. All cereals, including porridge for many, tend to send bg levels skywards. Try eggs and bacon, or scrambled eggs, kipper..something lower carb.

EDIT - Sorry, I didn't realise you were T1, for some reason I thought you were T2! I'm not positive but I think that it is advisable for T1 to watch the carb content too?
Thanks. xxx Angela T

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, I was only told by the nurse at my recent blood results that my thyroid wasn't "working properly". I don't know the levels or anything yet but am due to go for another blood test just for the thyroid in 3 weeks. I was told I was Diabetic Type 2 with a HBAc of 80 (was 100 last August) and I am also anaemic. However, I am wondering which one of these is making me feel so dizzy lately? As soon as I have my results from the thyroid tests Ill check back on here and have a look at all your helpful info. :)
Any or all of them, or the vitamins B12 and D you probably didn't get tested.