Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I seem to be stuck at just over 10 stone. I was 11st 13lb last May and I'd love to actually get to 9st 13lb so I can say I've lost 2 stone.
Hi GeoffersTaylor, try portion control....weigh and measure all you eat and keep a log.....it works for me ...now down to 9st 12 lbs from 17 st 8 lbs...

Reactions: 12 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Jings! If you lose any more weight you'll disappear! Well done you that's a great amount of weight you've lost already

Reactions: 11 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi GeoffersTaylor, try portion control....weigh and measure all you eat and keep a log.....it works for me ...now down to 9st 12 lbs from 17 st 8 lbs...

Do you mean 12st 9lbs @Clivethedrive. It's still fantastic.

Reactions: 7 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
I have a log, and keep to 1500 calories pretty consistently, but these last few pounds are stubborn...

Anyway, enough with the off-topic!

Reactions: 14 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Frustrated with my fbg at the moment, it was 5.5 again this morning. I know this is still within guidelines but I was getting used to 4.8s prior to starting a diuretic for my blood pressure :banghead:

Reactions: 17 people

Billya1003

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diagnosed type 2 in Sept woke up on New Year's Day with cellulitis bg of 22.4
Started metformin but fbg is still regularly in the mid to high teens
FST this morning 15.8 after lunch 21.9
Any ideas or help welcome

Reactions: 10 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Frustrated with my fbg at the moment, it was 5.5 again this morning. I know this is still within guidelines but I was getting used to 4.8s prior to starting a diuretic for my blood pressure :banghead:

Hi @Alzebra. Your numbers are great. Stop putting pressure on yourself to have the "perfect" FBG. It only leads to disappointment. But I get why you feel that way...I really do. The diuretic you're prescribed is preventing your heart from working too hard, & reducing the risks to you due to your hypertension. That's so much more important than a small BG rise. Please stop being hard on yourself hun & celebrate your fantastic weight loss, fab BG numbers & improved physical health. All the very best. X

Last edited by a moderator:

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diagnosed type 2 in Sept woke up on New Year's Day with cellulitis bg of 22.4
Started metformin but fbg is still regularly in the mid to high teens
FST this morning 15.8 after lunch 21.9
Any ideas or help welcome

Hi @Billya1003. You need help with those BG results hun. You definitely shouldn't have to put up with numbers that, over a sustained period of time, can increase your risk of complications. I think an asap visit to your GP or DNS is a must. There are other oral treatment options for you alongside your Metformin. Good luck & best wishes. X

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Alisonjane10 Thanks for the wise words and encouragement :happy: FBG this morning down a little to 5.1. Weight down too, blood pressure slightly up! Getting a good reading on all 3 would be like winning on bingo!:hilarious:

Reactions: 23 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Alisonjane10 Thanks for the wise words and encouragement :happy: FBG this morning down a little to 5.1. Weight down too, blood pressure slightly up! Getting a good reading on all 3 would be like winning on bingo!:hilarious:

Wow @Alzebra. Just read your signature info. AMAZING weight loss & hba1c. Delighted for you. You've really embraced it & got stuck in to lose so much weight in less than a year. I mean, 7 1/2 stone!!! You must feel like a new woman. Continued Good luck with it all hun. X

Reactions: 15 people