Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
So why is it a good day you ask?

Hba1c tests at 9 weeks are 48. Lots of training, examining food and diet. Learning to love the carbs I do eat and the raft of green stuff that causes wind.
I know it is also due to the sheer luck my body is working well with metformin and I am greatful for this.
My lady and stepson are supportive and kind.

But I got confirmation that my paperwork to allow me to skydive again is in the process of being signed and I will be punching holes in the sky within days.

Has this site helped. Hellyeah I have learned a lot from your experiences. Thank you.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Well done from me too. First time back up, shout "Geronimo" for us

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done you... And out of interest, HOW do you manage to leap out of a plane and still keep sane...?

Will look forward to the profile pic!

(Edited to spell "Done" correctly)

Reactions: 4 people

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
Well done you... And out of interest, HOW do you manage to leap out of a plane and still keep sane...?

Will look forward to the profile pic!

(Edited to spell "Done" correctly)
There are no good aircraft and sanity is optional

This is the serenity I love

Reactions: 6 people

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are no good aircraft and sanity is optional

This is the serenity I love

BONKERS! I've wanted to learn how to fly a plain and had a couple of lessons. It is undoubtedly more fun than you can throw a stick at, but I'm reminded of the whale in The Hitch-hikers Guide who says What's this thing coming up to meet me? Its big, and round, it needs a big, round sort of word... I know, Gr, Grow... GROUND. I wonder if it'll be friends?"

I like that sanity is optional, though. It's a bit like life!

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Congratulations
We all know those results come from dedication and a lot of hard-work.

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
No pics of me but this is this is my view from yesterday..

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2016-02-19-08h29m40s665.jpg
    vlcsnap-2016-02-19-08h29m40s665.jpg
    828.5 KB · Views: 201
S

Sean01

Hba1c tests at 9 weeks are 48. Lots of training, examining food and diet. Learning to love the carbs I do eat and the raft of green stuff that causes wind.
I know it is also due to the sheer luck my body is working well with metformin and I am greatful for this.

But I got confirmation that my paperwork to allow me to skydive again is in the process of being signed and I will be punching holes in the sky within days.

Has this site helped. Hellyeah I have learned a lot from your experiences. Thank you.
Fantastic news - to be able to get an important part of your life back is huge. I'm doing the same - but I don't jump out of planes. I do my own thing - on the ground.

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
Fantastic news - to be able to get an important part of your life back is huge. I'm doing the same - but I don't jump out of planes. I do my own thing - on the ground.

Sean

What ever your love in life is, live it and stay awesome.

Ross

S

Sean01

Sean

What ever your love in life is, live it and stay awesome.

Ross
I've had to shy away from strength sports due to previously high blood pressure but I can get back to lifting again - slowly. I don't compete anymore - except with who I was yesterday and I just want to keep winning. Good luck. I had a girlfriend who parachuted regularly. We went on holiday and I was surprised at her reaction on coming down to land. She was petrified. It turned out she had flown hundreds of times but had never landed in a plane - always preferring to jump out mid flight.

Reactions: 2 people

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
I've had to shy away from strength sports due to previously high blood pressure but I can get back to lifting again - slowly. I don't compete anymore - except with who I was yesterday and I just want to keep winning. Good luck. I had a girlfriend who parachuted regularly. We went on holiday and I was surprised at her reaction on coming down to land. She was petrified. It turned out she had flown hundreds of times but had never landed in a plane - always preferring to jump out mid flight.

We had all our kit on a commercial flight once, all sorts of alarms were going off.

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
Sunday at the office I pulled this out at 9210 ft.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2016-03-06-21h58m06s414.jpg
    vlcsnap-2016-03-06-21h58m06s414.jpg
    672.3 KB · Views: 160

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ive got my first skydive on Sunday, and they just sent the disclaimer documents through - have any of you any advice on this please?

Its a bit disheartening, there's no physical reason why I shouldnt - Im trim & fit & all that, aside of it wanting me to sign that Im not on any prescribed medication, which I am, or that I dont have diabetes, which I do. Feeling a bit stumped, any help or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated :)

S

Sean01

Nice. Don't stop
and with you there on the metformin (I use timed release). Worse than marmite - it loves you or hates you.
Sean