Metformin

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hiya, saw the doc today for my hba1c results. I have achieved my second consecutive non-diabetic level result ( last one 39 this one 40). My doc asked me if I wished to remain on metformin or not (2x500mg p/day), I had already given some time over to considering my answer should he ask me this and I decided to continue with the metformin. I have not taken this decision lightly as I am no great lover of taking meds but I believe that as I suffer no ill effects then the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, for what it`s worth the doc agrees. We had to agree to disagree however on the subject of statins, I originally quit simvastatin because of painful side effects so he gave me pravastatin which were duly ditched after watching my bg levels steadily increasing, now with this latest test giving figures of LDL 2.4, HDL 1.8 and trigs 0.8, he tried to start the statin conversation again, I politely declined and he reluctantly agreed that there probably was no real need after all. All in all a good day I feel :).

Reactions: 4 people

intelligenteating

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Close minded people.
Defo - and good work. I mutually agreed to get shot of prescription meds as well several years ago. I think the conclusion I took was that the benefits of drug therapy will erode with time. Sounds like your lipid panel is trending towards sensible too! :)