Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi Chook you are right .
I've been lower carbing for a while now and Im on day 5 /56 of 800 diet . So far I've lost 2lb . It isn't hard to be honest because my usual breakfast is Greek yoghurt and I love green veg . It's being organised I suppose .

mallins

Hi , I as diagnosed two months ago with type 2 since then I have totally cut out any sugar and I've eaten a small amount of carbs and I have gone from 15.2 stone to 13 stone and I am managing to keep my bloods around 6 and I feel so much better for it.
that's great. Have they put you on any medication? My aim is to get off my medication.

XxTinkerxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude & condescending people. I will call you out on it.
mmmm. I bought this book and will try the diet. Though I am not doing it for weight loss. I weigh 8st and 11lbs, so not much to lose! Just need to bring my sugars down. Sick of them always being in double figures.

Reactions: 6 people

razzler69

Hi I was just wondering if anyone out there is on this diet. I have just started it on Monday and have lost 4lb already. My fasting bloods are down from 7.5 to 5.9 although they do fluctuate. I am finding it hard going as I'm craving bread especially in the mornings not too bad the rest of the day. If anyone else is doing this diet I would love to hear how you are getting on as I think I'm going to need a lot of support to do it for 8 weeks!

I'm going away for the weekend so I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with eating out!

Cheers

Mallins

razzler69

Hi I was just wondering if anyone out there is on this diet. I have just started it on Monday and have lost 4lb already. My fasting bloods are down from 7.5 to 5.9 although they do fluctuate. I am finding it hard going as I'm craving bread especially in the mornings not too bad the rest of the day. If anyone else is doing this diet I would love to hear how you are getting on as I think I'm going to need a lot of support to do it for 8 weeks!

I'm going away for the weekend so I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with eating out!

Cheers

Mallins

Just bought the book. will read and digest,not literally, but i intend to start on Monday. Well Done by the way

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
It's easy to read razzler69

memememeiii

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dunno. Strange question.
I did the Newcastle 8 week diet, and lost a tonne of weight, fast, three times. And rebounded HARD. Lesson: HAVE AN EXIT STRATEGY. Be very, very mindful of the need for this. You will need to come off the diet, and must ultimately work on your mental relationship with food. Good luck. More details on the essence of this diet in point form would be interesting. Can you share?

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Mememelli did you use the Shakes or real food ?

MikeV

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Folks,
I've just started the Blood Sugar Diet. I'm Type 2 and not on any medication but, due to a lot of stress in my personal life, I have been comfort eating - and drinking - so my weight has gone up a lot over the past year or so and I was feeling terrible. I was hesitant about starting the diet because I thought it would be better to avoid a failure. But I've read the book and decided to give it a go. So far, it's been great. The recipes are interesting and it's the sort of food I would like anyway - mind you I have cut out the bread, potatoes, rice & pasta, salami, bacon - which I miss a bit. I haven't noticed any difference so far but I plan to do a weigh-in and measure up every Wednesday. Memememeiii mentioned (above) the importance of having an exit strategy. It's early days yet but mine is to stick to the same diet generally but up the calorie count to a 'maintenance' level by increasing portion size and adding the odd potato or having the occasional spag bol or whatever. I'll post again when I've weighed in next Wednesday. :)

Reactions: 4 people

zeilende

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello all !

I found the 8 week blood sugar diet via Dr Michael Mosley's 'Trust me, I'm a Doctor' series. Been on it for past seven weeks, including a lot of walking around the village, and lost a stone in weight - 14 lbs or just over 6 kilos ! Bought the book and scan read up to the 'M' diet pages. Yes, I have reached a plateau at 16st 8lb but at 69 I feel a whole lot better. On 'Metformin' of course, and subject to annual check - at local GP surgery - which comes around in March.

First 'diet' plan that has ever worked for me, so I am well pleased !

Reactions: 6 people

deeicf

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Cheers

Mallins
Where do you get this diet plan I would love to try it,

FloraDora

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I have done 2 weeks so far. Never eaten so much Kale in my entire life!! Doing well, scales are slowly descending. My BG readings were in the 7s and now in the 5s and 6s so heading in the right direction. Had a big impact on my morning fasting readings - quite a bit lower now. To be honest 800 calories does not seen much of a hardship, I have been eating well. Looking forward to the next few weejs

Reactions: 2 people

rosie1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
football
264e65fbd3a05b6407b01e00e4ffa23a.jpg
got mine today going to start Sunday
where did you buy your book

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I got mine from Amazon on my Kindle. TBH I now wish I'd got it as an actual book as its the sort of book you want to flick through to find stuff which isn't so easy with a Kindle . :(

PamGo69

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Cheers

Mallins
Hi Mallins well done and yes I started the diet as well lost half a stone in 2 weeks but most of all my sugar levels have stayed in single figures .Had two days in London and stayed within range of weight and sugar levels got to be good now want to lose another stone and reduce my insulin and hopefully come off it altogether good luck Rob B
Where can I get 8wk diet? Thanks

Cheers

Mallins
I too have bought Michael Mosleys 8 week blood sugar diet book. Have just finished reading it and it is a revelation. I am going to be stocking up with the things I need this weekend and intend to start monday morning. I am a female 66yr old type 2 who was diagnosed 3 years ago. I am on Slow release Metformin and Gliclazide. Metformin does not really agree with me. I still get digestion problems occasionally, and Gliclazide makes my blood sugar plummet to the point where I have had to carry glucose lozenges, so I have a good reason to try to bring my weight and blood sugars down. This will not just be a diet but will be a whole new way of eating for me, whilst carrying on cooking normal food for a very slim husband, who is disgustingly healthy.

Grenada58

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

Cheers

Mallins
Hi I have also started the diet and I'm nearing the end of week two. I lost just under 10lbs in the first week and have lost more slowly in the second week and like you my blood sugar readings have fluctuated between 6.4 to 9.7. I have noticed I am sleeping well and feel more energized than I have for a long time . Keeping going , it will be worth it.

Reactions: 4 people