A Confession...

Lizzie7

Hi all,

Feeling guilty and in shock so sharing the guilt... just went to the corner shop for a can of diet juice and came back with a snickers duo bar :oops: which I have eaten. Both bars. Feel sick , dizzy and ever so ashamed.

I don't even like snickers bars or milk chocolate. In fact, I don't think I ever ate one prior to diagnosis :roll:

Do you think I might be coming down with something?

x

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I was going to issue you with a 24 hr ban for bringing the forum into disrepute..... :shock:
however after eating a Mars Bar (all of it) I decided you deserved a second chance. :D

Moogie1947

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It must be the change in the weather - I too fell off the wagon and had some chocolate this week, first time for months and months.

caitycakes1

My weekend sin was about a dozen chips. Spent the rest of the day on Saturday testing (fingers now like tea bags) and trying to "sort" with Humalog. I now remember why I don't give in to temptation. It's just not worth it. When I behave I am so controlled I don't have to think very much about my Diabetes, but when I give in to temptation the dreaded D is right in my face all day :( :( :(

Caitycakes x

viv1969

I fell off the wagon too with a Chinese takeaway that included rice AND noodles.
I felt guilty for about 30 seconds and then didn't test until the following morning. I mean, everyone knows the reading is going to be high, so why fret further over it?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
All I had that I shouldn't was a couple of crackers called "Crimbles" :cry: Delicious beyond belief, so I had another one. 4 carbs each, but SO MORE..ISH

peecee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I had a chinese last weekend which was delicious, i'd forgotten what they tasted like, and i also pinched a couple of mini crunchie bars from the Trick or Treat tray my wife had prepared. Never bothered to test as i knew my bg would be high!! :oops: Very naughty of me but oh so nice :cry:

pinkjinks58

Dislikes
Hair, Dogs, Spiders, Rain & Ignorant people!
Pheeweeee! I'm so glad I'm not alone!

I love currys & chinese on the weekend but tend to eat healthy throughout the week!

I'm afraid to say that I also skip testing my BG and just hope that when I wake up It'll be relatively normal :? naughty I know but hey ho!

Rushy

Look at it this way Lizzie... It's packed with peanuts so there are probably plenty of places that would list it as a MEDIUM GI SNACK! :wink: