Trajenta (Linagliptin)

rodlee1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Has any member suffered the side effect of muscle and joint pain when taking Linaglipton as I am trying to establish if this is what is causing mine. Any constructive comments would be welcome

Reactions: 3 people

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
I just started it so far so good but I was on sitaglaptin and I had to come off it nothing would ease the pain how long you been takin it

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Terrible headache giddy and feeling nausea joint pain

MarkyP123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That's interesting. My brother is on linagliptin and he suffers from a really painful shoulder. That has only occurred since he started on those tablets.

rodlee1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi have been on linagliptin for about 3 years. I was only on metformin and gliclazide till then for about 6 years. had a couple of TIA's. went into hosp. Turned put to be very minor?? I was put on a few other tablets for blood pressure and Statins for chloresterol, plus the Linagliptin , did not know that the linagliptin was for the Diabetes I thought it was TIA related. The Statins crippled me, tried different types and all the same, so stopped taking them. symptoms persisted but not as bad. Read up on Linagliptin a week ago and came off that. I may be having a pasebo effect, not sure yet, but seem to be easing up now, I will give it a little longer. Never had chlorestorol or blood pressure probs prior to TIA's
And giddiness
re-giddiness. something else I found out. If you are on metformin. some people need to have vitamin B12 injections and need to have a higher count than normal. A lack of Vitamin B12 causes the red blood cells to distort and swell which in turn can lead to a TIA. possibly as in my case?? I have 3 monthly injections and take tablets to boost B12 every day do not have dizzy spells anymore.

Reactions: 2 people

rodlee1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I'm on sitaglaptin what problems did you have with it?
not proven yet but it may be responsible for hip joint and muscle pain came off it 6 days ago will report back in couple of weeks as it may not be the cause but looks like it could be

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
I get muscle and joint payne started thumping headaches and sickness I'm not taken no more meds after today so many side affects and I got a few other health issues I'm just going try diet I've had it with meds

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Anyone taking linagliptin I got lower back pain so tired and headache it don't seem to be helping much with my bs I need to try get on with it other wise doc will send me to hospital to try the dp1 injections I'm don't won't injections if I can help it any advice please