Type 2 Life

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
I am Sat eating a Crunchie Bar, (and girls I am allowed ) -the Endocrinologist said Weekend is " treat time" provided I am strict during the week. Well, it all started going pear shape on Friday, so might as well end the weekend - come Monday I am going to be serious and get my morning fasting figures under 6 (would like 5).

Reactions: 9 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
My partner has given up chips and chocolate for lent. I haven't given up a specific thing as I find low carb tricky enough but I haven't had chocolate since Christmas Day.
Me neither :hungry::hungry::hungry:

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
I am Sat eating a Crunchie Bar, (and girls I am allowed ) -the Endocrinologist said Weekend is " treat time" provided I am strict during the week. Well, it all started going pear shape on Friday, so might as well end the weekend - come Monday I am going to be serious and get my morning fasting figures under 6 (would like 5).
After the dreaded shredded wheat this morning I think I will give chocolate a miss HA! HA!

Reactions: 3 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@TooManyCrisps - When you say you had 3 = did you eat 3 BAGS?
I figured out that you must like crisps from your Avatar name. I'm using my real name (when I remember!) And I've changed my picture to one of myself, and I am noticing more and more people are putting "people pictures" on. I eat toast, I use brown Hovis Wheatgerm bread - you could try it out. Test before and then 2 hours later test again and see if? It has any effect. What is okay for 1 person - may have a different effect on another. But, it's about trial and error. William:)
Haha @liam1955 , just 3 crisps. Although there was a time not so long ago where i could have easily eaten 3 bags. Which probably led to the situation I'm in now

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My eldest played County level Rugby and was part of the Newport Gwent Dragons academy at one stage. He stopped playing 18 months ago, as he couldn't continue at representative level due to knee and ankle injuries ( he refuses to play just for fun ) Now at 21 he still eats as if he is still playing, and the weight is starting to pile on.
That's very interesting @britishpub. My son is just over 6ft, weighs about 11.5 stone, and is very fit as he cycles everywhere. We live rurally, about 10 miles from town, so he cycles to college, to evenings out etc, plus he plays a lot of basketball and squash. He is taking his driving test later this month and, if he passses, will almost certainly not be cycling as much. But I'm sure he will eat the same amount as now.

Reactions: 11 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
@loulou99782 I have new admiration for you, I don't know how you manage with your frequent chest infections. I have a tight and painful chest today and it's made me realise just what you have to put up with. Hope you get a good sleep tonight

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi all it is a sensational morning here in Canberra. Planning a big day as I need to complete a few tasks that are annoying me and causing a little stress. Being on the ND does impact on my focus and energy during the day and it is time for me to stop using that excuse and hook in. Looking at a balmy 90F here today

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Had a good day yesterday got some of those chores ticked of and was really productive. A few big meetings today and organising a car for my son. Was happy that I achieved quite a bit as my focus has been so much on the ND diet but the rest of our lives still has to be dealt with

Reactions: 10 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Today is a smug face day - I just got back from my weigh in at the doctors and I've started losing weight again :) I'd hit a bit of a plateau over the last few weeks but I've lost over a pound which takes me under 12 stone yay!

Reactions: 5 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not well enough to do a Highland fling but I'm doing a shimmying victory dance of joy @Diamum5972 x
Thanks for all the good wishes @loulou99782 hope you get on well at Guys you suffer so much and STILL think of others x

Reactions: 6 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm going to have 3x 97% meat sausages for an early dinner tonight, followed by a hunk of Double Gloucester cheese with chives what are you all having? (I'm bored reclining here on the sofa)

Reactions: 6 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yummy I can't digest most veg now but I remember the taste :)

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@13lizanne - Having shop bought Cheese & Onion Pasty, with Sprouts, Carrots & Potatoes with knobs of butter on veg. :hungry:

Reactions: 4 people