The Newcastle Diet - Whats Next??

nothing56

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@nothing56

Hey thanks for that. they are great results. I think our starting points and goal range are very similar. I would be very happy to replicate your results to date. How much does exercise play part?

Honestly for me not at all when it comes to the weight loss. I did not do any extra exercise while loosing weight. For the energy deficits you need to loose weight you would be running all day. I have in the last 2 weeks taken up Squash but this is not about loosing weight but generally to improve my heart health.

What i did do was buy a fitbit with heart rate tracker at the beginning and i was able to see that as i lost weight, both improvements to my resting and recovery heart rate and that without trying my general activity levels increased automatically as my weight decreased.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
@nothing56
That's really interesting re the exercise. I have been walking 3 x 30 minutes each day to ensure I hit the 10000 steps a day as I have a very sedentary job and have been doing some strength exercise every 3rd day. I do wonder if I am overdoing it and may drop to 2 x 30 minutes a day

nothing56

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@nothing56
That's really interesting re the exercise. I have been walking 3 x 30 minutes each day to ensure I hit the 10000 steps a day as I have a very sedentary job and have been doing some strength exercise every 3rd day. I do wonder if I am overdoing it and may drop to 2 x 30 minutes a day

Im not an expert and i assume everyone is diffrent but i would say listen to your body. I doubt excise is going to be a bad thing as long as its simplely walking ect. I do know that the LCHF diet is basiclybthe same as a body building diet. So due to the high protein levels you can build mucle quickly. That means you will need to keep an eye on your fat% or lean mucle mass as well as weight. I have had weeks were i had modest weight loss but big fat percentage drops. It often feel like my body reordering its self. But i suspect in reality its just water distribution. Fat is made up of a lot of water.

Reactions: 2 people