Legs Pain

MyNameIsAlex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello! My legs hurt but I don't know what are the causes because my blood sugar levels are normal. It's like having muscle soreness but I did not do any type of exercise. I feel like I want to sit on a chair all day long, if I am standing, I'll feel pain in my legs again, so the best thing I can do is to sit as long as possible on a chair. When I am standing, it's like I'm on skis, my legs are slightly bent.

Is this because my body needs insulin? I was thinking to start insulin treatment tomorrow but at the same time I would like to postpone for the next week, because tomorrow it should be my first day of work at the new job.
I feel weak and tired and I want to start insulin as soon as possible but on the other hand I don't want to miss this job opportunity.

C

catherinecherub

Don't know if the lack of insulin would be causing these pains. Have you asked your Doctor?
Will bump your post up for replies.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hello! My legs hurt but I don't know what are the causes because my blood sugar levels are normal. It's like having muscle soreness but I did not do any type of exercise. I feel like I want to sit on a chair all day long, if I am standing, I'll feel pain in my legs again, so the best thing I can do is to sit as long as possible on a chair. When I am standing, it's like I'm on skis, my legs are slightly bent.

Is this because my body needs insulin? I was thinking to start insulin treatment tomorrow but at the same time I would like to postpone for the next week, because tomorrow it should be my first day of work at the new job.
I feel weak and tired and I want to start insulin as soon as possible but on the other hand I don't want to miss this job opportunity.

If your blood sugar levels are normal then why do you need insulin?

If you need insulin and your doc has prescribed it - then start using it now.

What are your actual BG numbers?

Last edited by a moderator:

MyNameIsAlex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Because I was diagnosed with T1 in January 2015. I did a series of analysis (antibodies, C-Peptide, HBA1c) and according to these I am a type 1 diabetic.
My BG numbers are good, but I eat very few carbs. For example, yesterday, at 2 hours after dinner I had 6.11 (After dinner I took 1/2 Metformin).
My last à jeun BG were 3.9, 3.8, 4.1, 4.1

A few days ago I had 8.9 (at 2 hours after a meal). Pretty high.

MyNameIsAlex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These are almost all of my BG numbers from January, this year. (mg/dL)

Attachments

• glicemiiian.jpg
    glicemiiian.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 220

MyNameIsAlex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just ate something for lunch (about 65-70 g carbs, more than I usually eat at lunch) and I feel better. I don't know if this legs pain is related to the fact that I was hungry or something like this but it's curious, because I wasn't. :))

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Those numbers are excellent and even with a low carb diet, you wouldn't be able to achieve them without insulin (natural or artificial).

I'd be very cautious if you begin takin insulin. Your numbers don't justify taking anything but an extremely small dose.

MyNameIsAlex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, I have to be cautious because I think I'll have a lot of troubles with hypoglycemia.
My doctor has recommended to start with 2-4 units of Lantus.

Caerdobi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't mean to alarm you, but I experienced leg pain over a period of around three or four months last year, which I was terrified would be sclerosis of the arteries in my legs. My DSN drew a bit of a blank as my circulation was good, blood pressure and cholesterol checked out fine. My pain would come on from sitting down for a while - moving around for a few minutes would alleviate it. It was like a deep soreness in my calf muscles.

I was diagnosed in the end with Addison's Disease which is a rare autoimmune disorder of the adrenal glands. It's the same concept as diabetes - immune system attacking necessary organs. It may be worth getting your doctor to check your potassium levels in your blood, as mine were through the roof and that's what triggered the hospital stay and diagnosis.

Don't worry too much as even if it is that, the treatment is a couple of tablets a day and there are no implications on life expectancy or quality of life.

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you following a low carb diet? When I started low carbing last year I got terrible pains and cramping in my legs...until I read something about increasing my salt intake...which I did and the pains stopped not long after. What ever it is...it's definitely worth asking your doctor.

Reactions: 2 people

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
You could try magnesium supplements , worked for me.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am bit confused you say you were diagnosed T1 in January 2015 yet you are only taking Metformin. Most T1's are put on insulin injections straight away. Your BG levels seem to be in the normal range not even prediabetic so are you sure you are T1

Robert_Blair

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't know if the lack of insulin would be causing these pains. Have you asked your Doctor?
Will bump your post up for replies.
I also have a problem with Aching legs and have just posted a thread about it. I am Type 1 and I keep my sugar levels under control with regular insulin injections. Is it normal, and how can I improve it?

MyNameIsAlex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My legs pain seems to be gone.. at least for now. I just feel tired because I have worked 15 hours a day in the last week. (I am a waiter). Today I got my first insulin shot (3 units of Lantus Solostar). I can finally say that I am a diabetic :) Officially. I'm glad that it didn't hurt. I was affraid of that tiny needle but it was ok.