insight insulin pump...Help

sarah_payne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
i was diagnosed at 19 i changed from injections to the pump last october and since then i have felt worse and worse has anyone else felt like this, i think the pump has made me depressed.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i was diagnosed at 19 i changed from injections to the pump last october and since then i have felt worse and worse has anyone else felt like this, i think the pump has made me depressed.
Why did it make you feel depressed? How are your sugar levels? Why don't you like having a pump?

D

Deleted member 83869

What pump are you on and why don't you get on with it? ??

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So sorry to hear this @sarah_payne. Are you getting support from your hospital team? Could you arrange to see them for a chat to let them know how you're feeling and how you can move forward?

I found moving onto a pump an absolutely massive deal last year, and although I'm getting on with it, it's been rather a mountain to climb not just practically but also psychologically. I felt I was throwing away everything I knew and starting all over again.

Hope you're okay.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
PS I'm on an Insight too - is it the type of pump you don't get on with, or is there more to it?

sarah_payne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
my levels are ok i just feel utterly different i used to have a positive outlook and now i dont, im stroppy all of the time cry at anything and am really scatty. I know it sounds really vain but the pump is always attached to me with tubes hanging out i feel so unattractive, it gets caught and pulls out i just dont know what to do, i might go back to injections i knew were i was at with them

D

Deleted member 83869

my levels are ok i just feel utterly different i used to have a positive outlook and now i dont, im stroppy all of the time cry at anything and am really scatty. I know it sounds really vain but the pump is always attached to me with tubes hanging out i feel so unattractive, it gets caught and pulls out i just dont know what to do, i might go back to injections i knew were i was at with them
If you're on an accuchek pump then I was 100% the same as you...i hated it the cannulas were more painful for me and just made me so miserable one day I just woke up and thought sod it and went back to injections but I soon began to miss the pump....so then my Consultant put me on the mini med 640g and I love it! It could just be the actual pump....not saying it is but yeah.....

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You know, I just remembered how difficult it was at the beginning. After 8 months I completely forgot how I struggled to get used to be on a pump. When you are on injections you can forget about diabetes for a bit. With a pump attached to you, it feels like diabetes is there, 24h a day with you. Give it some more time and I'm sure you will feel better about it. It took me a while but I don't mind my pump at all now

D

Deleted member 83869

Sorry I've just seen the name of the post....I'm so tired lol!!

sarah_payne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
thats interesting thank you, i dont know what it is but i certainly wasn't this miserable on pens. is the pump your on bulky? i react really badly to change etc they tried me on different contraceptive pills and my levels rocketed, maybe im just really sensitive to things

D

Deleted member 83869

thats interesting thank you, i dont know what it is but i certainly wasn't this miserable on pens. is the pump your on bulky? i react really badly to change etc they tried me on different contraceptive pills and my levels rocketed, maybe im just really sensitive to things
Nope it's small and pink lol! Got to chose the colour and it's 100% pain free! So much happier with this one than the accuchek! When I came off the accuchek I never thought I'd go back to a pump but here I am and I wouldn't have it any other way....it just takes time.

sarah_payne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You know, I just remembered how difficult it was at the beginning. After 8 months I completely forgot how I struggled to get used to be on a pump. When you are on injections you can forget about diabetes for a bit. With a pump attached to you, it feels like diabetes is there, 24h a day with you. Give it some more time and I'm sure you will feel better about it. It took me a while but I don't mind my pump at all now

Thank you, im prob just having a bad day lol they happen a lot!! i will persevere a bit longer thank you

sarah_payne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Nope it's small and pink lol! Got to chose the colour and it's 100% pain free! So much happier with this one than the accuchek! When I came off the accuchek I never thought I'd go back to a pump but here I am and I wouldn't have it any other way....it just takes time.

omg im sold, that sounds like bliss, was it hard to get funding for a different pump?

D

Deleted member 83869

omg im sold, that sounds like bliss, was it hard to get funding for a different pump?
Erm if I was still in my old borough then no chance but my new consultant in this borough is great and I got it within 2 weeks! It is worth enquiring about it! Plus you can plug the meter into your pc and upload your bgs etc! And it works with a cgm!

D

Deleted member 83869

e6a3e3c0e36d5da28a9a1384385aa338.jpg

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The Insight is my only experience of a pump so I've got nothing to compare it to in terms of shape and bulk and weight - during the day I wear it in a Hid-in multiway body band which I position just under my bra. It's a very comfortable way to wear it.

http://www.hid-in.com/

Gutted now that my pump's not pink like @ohitsnicola 's!

(Edited as forgot to post link)

Reactions: 2 people

NicolaN

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sarah, I get you. There are times I get so annoyed with my pump - "where am I going to put it.....can you see it.....it's sticking out....etc" but then I remember it's making my readings better! And I just suck it up and think positively. I'm 27 with two long term illnesses. If wearing this pump is what will make me feel good then I'll do it.
Chin up! Hope you are feeling better about it.

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
we're all different. i have been on 2 accu chek pumps and 1 animas pump, i prefer all of them to this house brick piece of cheap plastic... they should let us trial a pump before we decide as we are all different.