Great article in the Independent today regarding Fat in the diet

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
This article is in the Independent today. It's a a great summary of what we know about Ancel Keys and the failures ok Governments in relation to diet. Let's hope there's more where this came from:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...big-fat-surprise-about-nutrition-9692121.html

The interesting footnote in the article is that in a reassessment of the Ancel Keys seven countries study data, they found a much higher correlation between Sugar and Heart Disease than any other nutrient, which of course Keys would have hated!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This article is in the Independent today. It's a a great summary of what we know about Ancel Keys and the failures ok Governments in relation to diet. Let's hope there's more where this came from:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...big-fat-surprise-about-nutrition-9692121.html

The interesting footnote in the article is that in a reassessment of the Ancel Keys seven countries study data, they found a much higher correlation between Sugar and Heart Disease than any other nutrient, which of course Keys would have hated!
Great news.. lets hope the word gets out. There certainly seems to be a change in the general reporting of this stuff which I guess Doctor in the House and Moseley might have helped a bit. Shame it will take the NHS another 50 years to catch up.

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for sharing @tim2000s

Popped into surgery earlier for prescription. My GP said, 'next set of bloods we get for you there needs to be an improvement in that cholesterol otherwise I'm putting you onto statins because high cholesterol blocks arteries etc etc'... I need to do some reading.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If there is a hell, Ansel Keys is there being forced to eat lchf. Bless him.
No, no Mrs Vimes. If I had my way, he'd be in hell eating everything low fat and fat free. Why should he get any of the delicious cream, scrumptious butter and delightful cheese I ask you, because I won't be sharing it with him, if that's where I end up.

Reactions: 2 people

intelligenteating

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Close minded people.
very simplistic approach to nutrition - doesn't differentiate enough for a reasonable conclusion!

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Good. Thanks for posting