Infusion sites

Topher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How many sites do people use, I use about 3-4 that I rotate, every 3 days around the belly area, anywhere else and the obsorbtion is pretty poor and makes my bs levels spike above 11

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I start just below rib cage from left to right and work my way down one side and then swop over to the other side.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
my pattern is similar I start in the centre of my stomach and work across use under the ribs to my side, then move down 2 inches and work the way back to the centre of my stomach and so on and then start on the other side.

Topher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How many sites do you use on each side of the stomach ?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Mainly just use my sides and back of my arms, tried the legs soon after starting on a pump but the absorption rate was poor.

Susan1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How many sites do people use, I use about 3-4 that I rotate, every 3 days around the belly area, anywhere else and the obsorbtion is pretty poor and makes my bs levels spike above 11
I just work my way across my tummy each day for three of them, with one a day on a leg - the levemir. I find it's slower on the leg and not so effective, and I also find it more painful, but I prefer to have one on the leg than all of them on the tummy. I developed a lump on one leg and was told to avoid it. I've been diabetic since 1991 but only injecting since 2007.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I just work my way across my tummy each day for three of them, with one a day on a leg - the levemir. I find it's slower on the leg and not so effective, and I also find it more painful, but I prefer to have one on the leg than all of them on the tummy. I developed a lump on one leg and was told to avoid it. I've been diabetic since 1991 but only injecting since 2007.
Hi Susan,
I think you have misread the question. Topher is asking about cannula sites for insulin pumps not injections :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I do this between my ribs and just above my waist all the way around my midriff:

m-w_sites.png