First HbA1c after diagnosis for type 2

Jacfburcham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well the jury is in, hba1c down form 114 to 60, plasma glucose down from 19.6 to 6, and cholestrol down from 5.7 to 4.5. Also weight loss at 15kg. This has all been done since 16th dec 2015. My nurse was very pleased put on 3 monthly check and no need for any drugs. I am aiming in the next 3 months to lose at least another 6 kg and get hba1c down to 40s

Reactions: 9 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Well the jury is in, hba1c down form 114 to 60, plasma glucose down from 19.6 to 6, and cholestrol down from 5.7 to 4.5. Also weight loss at 15kg. This has all been done since 16th dec 2015. My nurse was very pleased put on 3 monthly check and no need for any drugs. I am aiming in the next 3 months to lose at least another 6 kg and get hba1c down to 40s

Hi. Well done! You must feel well pleased with yourself. It's far from easy to get things under control, and your greatly reduced figures demonstrate real determination and discipline. I'm guessing you cut out a lot of carbs, yeah? Anything else you'd recommend? Well done again. Paul

Jacfburcham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. Well done! You must feel well pleased with yourself. It's far from easy to get things under control, and your greatly reduced figures demonstrate real determination and discipline. I'm guessing you cut out a lot of carbs, yeah? Anything else you'd recommend? Well done again. Paul
I have cut out, potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, cakes, sweets, and the only fruit I eat is berries every few days. Have fat free milk and low fat soft cheese which I make my self, also eat oily fish every day. I also have no sugar in anything.my life saver is lydl protein rolls which I use like a loaf cutting into slices to enjoy with fish pate. I also have increased exercise from zero to 3 hours per week.

Reactions: 7 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love this idea @Jacfburcham of cutting the Lidl rolls. I make a simple mackerel pate (fish mascarpone lime juice and zest) but miss the toast - off to Lidl tomorrow, thank you

Reactions: 2 people

just_undiscovered_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds, bright lights, shopping, arrogance, reality TV shows..
That's fantastic news, well done...

Klangley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is fantastic progress, well done. 15kg in 2 months is incredible! Our local Lydl doesn't stock the protein rolls unfortunately. I make my own wraps using flax seed, fantastic. Like you I am also a big oily fish fan.....I find it makes you feel full for hours.