Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Keep going! I know it's hard, but look at your bg this morning ;). I do have sugar free jelly now and then with a handful of strawbs or blueberries or raspberries - or a bit of each. That helps me :shy:.
Thanks KimG.
I forgot to take my insulin this morning so without food it crept to 10.2 by 1pm. It's very disheartening. Took insulin with lunch instead and down to 8.8. Hoping will lower as the evening draws. Wish I could get rid of insulin jabs. :-(

Reactions: 8 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks KimG.
I forgot to take my insulin this morning so without food it crept to 10.2 by 1pm. It's very disheartening. Took insulin with lunch instead and down to 8.8. Hoping will lower as the evening draws. Wish I could get rid of insulin jabs. :-(
:(

Reactions: 9 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 thus morning - not too bad considering I went to bed @ 6.4 three hours after Scampi and chips (8.4 @ 2 hours)

Reactions: 26 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Good Morning from Downunder

Reactions: 33 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh @loulou99782 not again. Bless you. I hope you can get antibiotics and they work quickly. Thinking of you. Massive hugs. :)
Thanks ickihun, yep it's back and the steriods are back to 40mg aday which doesn't help the old blood sugar. Oh well more insulin for me. We know that because of my weak muscles I don't cough everything up and some yuck stays in my lungs and turns to infections. I also have a immune deficiency.

Reactions: 4 people

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
Good morning 5.6 at 6-15 have been up for about an hour now and had coffee ,has DP given me a miss this morning cos I would normally test straight away after getting up,very strange

Reactions: 27 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning all! 6.2 at 0545 today.
Quite good, I thought it would be higher as I drank half a bottle of Merlot last night, then got a bit carried away and ate a whole 75g packet of Boots No Added Sugar Chocolate Eclairs (which were nice). They only contain 44% carbs though.

Reactions: 28 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.1 this am....tummy a lil upset today and put on a stone in weight since starting insulin

Reactions: 14 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.9 at 7am. The reading last Saturday morning was 5.8. Still feeling the effects of a heavy cold.

I am taking @Stallen advice and not stressing about it, and keeping my fingers crossed that the numbers drop again once the cold has finally gone.

Reactions: 25 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning All. = 20/2/16.

8.0 at 7.50am.:(

(Got up at 3am - unable to sleep!)

Reactions: 18 people