Drooool! That sounds tasty and - pastry! I used to love pastry. Enjoy

Reactions: 4 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I'm going to have 3x 97% meat sausages for an early dinner tonight, followed by a hunk of Double Gloucester cheese with chives what are you all having? (I'm bored reclining here on the sofa)
I've been on the go all day today - doctors this morning and shopping in town this afternoon so I'm going to treat myself and have mushroom and asparagus omelette. Normally I would go to my knitting group but the weather's yuk and I fancy chilling out with DS tonight. He's in the middle of a mammoth project on Minecraft and recreating all the various versions of the Tardis console room :)

Reactions: 7 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Here's a photo of one of our deadly visitors on our back garden fence @Robinredbreast

Attachments

• DSCF4075.JPG
    DSCF4075.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: 6 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Here's a photo of one of our deadly visitors on our back garden fence @Robinredbreast
Wow! What a picture. A couple of years ago the charity shop where I volunteer had a surprise visitor - a goshawk had flown into our warehouse and got trapped in there! They really are amazing creatures, do you get any other birds of prey near you?

Reactions: 5 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning @13lizanne . I loved your fantastic photo. Thank you for sharing it. I hope you are feeling a bit better today. Good morning @liam1955 i hope York is as nice and sunny as it is here.
Have a good day everyone . :)

Reactions: 2 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Love the photo Lizanne. I was at kings yesterday (Wednesday), for my immune system and am going to GPs today for Asthma review cause I had a nasty attack at the weekend so they like to see me a couple of days later

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh loulou what a time of it you are having pet. I wondered where you were at the weekend, we do miss you when you don't post and now I'm always thinking are you ill again? You are one brave woman and I'm sending you an enormous hug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Wow! What a picture. A couple of years ago the charity shop where I volunteer had a surprise visitor - a goshawk had flown into our warehouse and got trapped in there! They really are amazing creatures, do you get any other birds of prey near you?
We get sparrowhawk's all the time, they are aware that we feed the birds and look upon our garden as their own personal buffet! That's why my husband built a big cage thing to put the seeds in for the smaller birds so they would be safe from the buzzards,and sparrowhawks. An owl flew into my sons bedroom window one night and left a perfect imprint on my (mucky) window, I was in big trouble with the family for washing it off before they took pictures. We get squirrels, fieldmice, hedgehogs too. I'll upload another photo of our little cage (with occupants )later today when I'm using our desktop pc. I'm on my tablet downstairs just now

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
DSCF4160.JPG
001 (2).JPG
Here are another two pics as promised, the cage with grey squirrel who managed to squeeze in from the back and a little fox who visited last summer. Perhaps we should start a new thread of nature photographs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
View attachment 17804 View attachment 17805 Here are another two pics as promised, the cage with grey squirrel and a little fox who visited last summer. Perhaps we should start a new thread of nature photographs?
I like that idea, we don't have a garden but we do have a communal lawn outside our block and individual patios. Even though we are in a suburb just outside the town centre we do get some wildlife, mostly squirrels bats and plenty of birds. We used to see urban foxes but there has been a lot of building work in the area so they've moved further afield.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
I have stopped the Dapagliflozin as from today, but only for several days. I have developed a rash in my groin and the Practise Nurse says it could be "Thrush" :grumpy: which is a side effect of taking the drug. She has prescribed DAKTACORT Cream to be applied twice daily to use for no more than 4 days.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I agree with loulou, I used daktacort myself several years ago

Reactions: 5 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@ickihun and @loulou99782 I'm sending you both a big bunch of virtual flowers you are such an encouragement to others even when things are hard going for you. Hope you both have easier times ahead xx.

Reactions: 4 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.9 this morning off to do young leaders training for GB district, 21 teenage girls making a video I must be mad

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
I expected the blood sugar result to be much higher this morning. I had my biological injection yesterday and that puts it up for several days, and I have not had my Dapagliflozin for 2 days now and I had only 2 hours light sleep last night, just could not go over!!! I am quite happy with this morning's result.:)