Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning,

8.1 for me this morning. It was interesting yesterday evening as I had two roast potatoes with my meal, within the hour I was fast asleep on the sofa, plus my restless legs and spine were back. Definitely, cutting out potatoes and bread is the way for me.

Hope all the ill people are starting to feel better. Have a nice Saturday all.

Reactions: 27 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks ickihun, yep it's back and the steriods are back to 40mg aday which doesn't help the old blood sugar. Oh well more insulin for me. We know that because of my weak muscles I don't cough everything up and some yuck stays in my lungs and turns to infections. I also have a immune deficiency.
@loulou99782 keep warm my friend. Hibernate if needed. No one should have a problem with putting yourself/health first. Thank god for insulin. Spring will come soon which will definitely help. Sooner the better. :) Hugs hugs and more hugs.

Reactions: 14 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
A much healthier 6.7 this morning :)

Reactions: 29 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A happy 4.3 then breakfast and insulin.
Once I have a settled regime without canagliflozin this insulin has to be reduced but one step at a time. :)

Reactions: 25 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks ickihun, yep it's back and the steriods are back to 40mg aday which doesn't help the old blood sugar. Oh well more insulin for me. We know that because of my weak muscles I don't cough everything up and some yuck stays in my lungs and turns to infections. I also have a immune deficiency.
I hope you feel better soon:happy:

Reactions: 13 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.0 this morning! :D:D. I've also lost 3 of the 6lb I put on after stopping my diuretic. Did this with a two day timed fast 18/6. Happy lady :). Have a good day all! :happy:

Reactions: 22 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

Forgot to take a fasting reading this morning - first time ever I think, but tested half way through breakfast when it was 6.6. Immediately after breakfast it was up to 8.0 - which is a bit higher than I would have liked it to be, but I guess my fasting reading would have been around 5.6 or 5.7 again....

Reactions: 29 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Had a lie in this morning

9.2 at 10.30am and I am good with this

Reactions: 24 people