Type 2 Life

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Thank you low carbing - I had a good low carb day yesterday and my fbg this morning was a much healthier 6.7 :)

Reactions: 10 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
@liam1955 here is a big huge hug,(( )) hope you feel better tomorrow and get a good deep sleep tonight. X

@Diamum5972 well done you! Low carbing does actually work! (( )) hug for you too x

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The girls made some brilliant film's promoting GB
They produced an edited them using computer software and we showed them to the other groups on the projector in church. Our tech guy really helped.

Reactions: 8 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good stuff, are you having a quiet night now? How's your chest?

Reactions: 9 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
@liam1955 here is a big huge hug,(( )) hope you feel better tomorrow and get a good deep sleep tonight. X

@Diamum5972 well done you! Low carbing does actually work! (( )) hug for you too x
Thanks Anna, DS is having a good day as well. He got his DLA this week so he wanted to go into town and do some retail therapy :) He ended up with a couple of games for the Playstation and when we got back his friend came over and they did a livestream for A's Youtube channel! And just as the icing on the cake his new girlfriend Sophie joined in. He asked her out last week and they just went public today. Aww!

Reactions: 9 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Goodness, love is all around at yours tonight. Lovely!

Reactions: 6 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Goodness, love is all around at yours tonight. Lovely!
I'm really pleased for him, she has Aspergers as well and she's one of his Playstation friends so they have a lot in common. Her family is quite traditional so he's going to meet her parents before they go out on an official date, even though she lives in a different town it's very easy to get there by train or bus. I'm so glad he's able to travel independently now, that's a big weight off my mind!

Reactions: 11 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Hi. I haven't posted here for a while. My BGs are running between 5-6.5 mmol/l in the morning. Still titrating my insulin up and am losing weight methinks. Was in hospital for an overnight polysomnography (sleep study) and was plastered in electrodes to measure brain waves, breathing and heart rate. I have been very sleepy lately even after a 12 hour kip and my Consultant is thinking it could be Obstructive Sleep Apnoea or even Narcolepsy. :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh @eddie1968 as if you don't have enough to contend with already! When do you get the results?
Should get the results within 4-6 weeks. It's a lot of data. If it is OSA all I need is a CPAP machine to breathe normally whilst asleep or throat/nasal surgery. If it is Narcolepsy I will see a Neurologist. When I went to the Respiratory Clinic months ago both a Respiratory Consultant and a Neurologist saw me at the same time. Hopefully it's a quick fix with a CPAP machine and mask.

Reactions: 2 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'll second that eddy, at least you're going to get something done to help

Reactions: 4 people

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Hi I come off meds through side effects and I got slow bleed stomachs ulcer I been trying hard but I can't get my hb1ac down it 59.doc sending me to dns for more meds I eat healthy very little don't know how I can get my level down any suggestions I personally don't think it high for meds

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi I come off meds through side effects and I got slow bleed stomachs ulcer I been trying hard but I can't get my hb1ac down it 59.doc sending me to dns for more meds I eat healthy very little don't know how I can get my level down any suggestions I personally don't think it high for meds
Eat small but more regularly. I've had lots of bowel surgery and try not to eat big meals and the meds can take their time to work. I take Lanzoprazole 30mg and Ranitidine 150mg for stomach probs and found it took 2 months to stabilize. ((Hug))

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well, I'm much happier this morning - I went back down to 6.7 :) DS is going back to college after the half term holiday but he doesn't have to leave til 12 so we're having a nice relaxing morning together. What's everyone else up to today?

Reactions: 11 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Diamum5972. I've just had a call from Ds centre he's fainted and had a fall and on way to Hosp in ambulance, his dad and I are on way too please send good thoughts his way