My Journey to a new me :)

fionamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day 1.
So I have decided to try the Newcastle Diet give or take a few calories as I do not like water. I opted for flavoured waters 1 - 3 calories per 250ml, and diet coke 1 calorie per 250 ml plus my shakes made with skimmed milk 201 calories per shake,
I measured my waist, my weight, my pulse and FBG,

Here goes, please do not judge me.

Height 5ft 3in
Waist 45.5 inch
Weight 15 stone 0lbs
Pulse 80
BMI 37.1
FBG 9.2

Last edited by a moderator:

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We all start our journey in a different place but we all have the same goal - good luck! No one judges anyone here :)

Reactions: 2 people

fionamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
End of Day 1 - 55 Days to go
Calories consumed 823
Calories Burned 1784 at least (due to fit watch resetting itself)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
:) just a hug[hug] !
well done for posting your journey and the best of luck !!

Reactions: 4 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi @fionamarie

Congratulations. Keep posting your results and etc along the way etc as there are many on here who have been thru this (I finish this Sunday) and we will do our best to encourage and support you.

fionamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day 2, Couldn't take my FBG due to having no test strips, and waiting for them to be delivered. Had my shake for breakfast and managed to drink 750ml of water, while waiting at the hospital while my daughter had an arthrogram and painkilling injection. . Took my BG before I had a shake for my lunch and it was 6.0 very good reading for me :). However this afternoon I feel sooo cold I gave in a had a cup of tea with skimmed milk. Will post more later,x Thanks to everyone for your support x

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 2, Couldn't take my FBG due to having no test strips, and waiting for them to be delivered. Had my shake for breakfast and managed to drink 750ml of water, while waiting at the hospital while my daughter had an arthrogram and painkilling injection. . Took my BG before I had a shake for my lunch and it was 6.0 very good reading for me :). However this afternoon I feel sooo cold I gave in a had a cup of tea with skimmed milk. Will post more later,x Thanks to everyone for your support x

If you need a warming drink, you could always try your flavoured waters heated? I'm sure a few seconds in the microwave might work, but either decant into a mug or glass before heating if they're carbonated, and if still, still take the cap off.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi @fionamarie
Congratulations on the start a 6.0 fantastic
Yes feeling the cold is one thing that we all seem to get.Just rug up and enjoy the journey

fionamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well day 2 nearly over 54 days to go. The cold feeling is still with me and im feeling tired, so will retire to bed.
Calories Consumed approx 1000
Calories Burned 1825 (less than i would of liked, but due to hospital with daughter not done as much walking etc)
BG reading before bed 7.3 (not had a reading so low since being diagnosed).
Heres to tomorrow, goodnight all x

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Well day 2 nearly over 54 days to go. The cold feeling is still with me and im feeling tired, so will retire to bed.
Calories Consumed approx 1000
Calories Burned 1825 (less than i would of liked, but due to hospital with daughter not done as much walking etc)
BG reading before bed 7.3 (not had a reading so low since being diagnosed).
Heres to tomorrow, goodnight all x
Hi fionamarie,try taking a tablespoon of good olive oil daily either neat or on salad etc, this will help you feel satiated and warmer,clive

fionamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all,

Feeling more positive as curiosity got the better of me and I stepped on the scales and measured my waist (only going to do it once a week in future).

FBG 7.3 (excellent reading for me)
Weight 14st 10lb (loss of 4lb) already
Waist 44in ( a loss of 1.5inch)

Feeling soooooo good and positive, I will fit in that dress for my daughters wedding! (Aug 16)

Borzoi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fiona! Welcome to this journey. Great results so far and please keep sharing your log. It will encourage others to attempt this. Work through the first few days and you'll see how the positives outweigh the negatives rapidly (Energy/cold, etc. haha).

Sending good thoughts your way in the tenuous starting period of this diet. Roughest part but it gets easier with time. :)

fionamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day 7 - 49 days to go
Height 5ft 3in
Waist 43 inch from 45.5
Weight 14 stone 9lbs loss of 5lb
Pulse 80
BMI 36.3 from 37.1
FBG 6.2 from 9.2

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well done Fiona, I needed some early results to keep me going as this first week or two were the roughest. Great Stuff

fionamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went to docs on Monday and asked about the optifast shakes on prescription but was told the only weight loss medication liscenced and available on prescription is Xenical (orlistat). However it was my 28 day check up and he said I had lost 4.5kg in the 28 days. :)

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@fionamarie

Thats really great weight-loss. I think what helped me thru was not just the weight-loss but the improved BFG I would find that if one slowed down the other would keep me going. Here in Aussie the Optifast can be purchased over the counter but I don't think the sugar content was that much lower than the slim-fast.

Keep it going and let us know if you have any problemss

wildagayn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Loud music , gratuitous violence , bad language .
Good morning Fiona
I just read all your stuff . I am truly interested and an just reading the book .
I watched a fabulous film last night "fixing dad" it's an inspiration .
I am sending you reiki to help you on your journey .
Keep going girl, I am hoping to join you