What would you like to see in 2010???

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
qrp said:
Have you seen the recipes in DUK's Balance magazine? No evidence that the compilers have any idea of restricting carbs at all. Fair enough, there's a case for complex carbs but none at all for savouries and sweets with 'empty' calories.
I would like to see DUK get its head out of the sand and realise that lots of us are following reduced carb diets and cater for us as well. I wrote to Editor of Balance, who did not deign to reply, asking for a more balanced selection of recipes, not all just the usual stuff that all savvy diabetics have seen for what they are, a passport to see-saw bloods and poor control. I feel they have a duty to represent the other view. And not merely through sponsoring the forums. qrp

Hi qrp.

This forum has no connection with DUK or Balance magazine. This is a totally independent forum Diabetes.co.uk. There is a difference. :? The question is concerning what happens here on this website.

Having said that, I agree with you about DUK etc. :D

JeanneB

Personally i would to see advice on what insulin or Rx regimen to use for those with LADA, or type 1.5 diabetes. i have this. it is very difficult to get proper care as so many endocrinologists do not anything about it or try to treat it like type 2. those with LADA are insulin deficient and insulin resistant. i have had it for 3 years. for a while it appeared to be in control. yet for the past 8 months, no matter what i do--diet change, less food, more insulin- -i get no where and numbers are regularly 200-573.
thank you :(

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
a horror stories section so that everyone can get stuff off there chest and help people feel less alone

Pozzie

I would like to see a section on the emotional and psychological effects of our disease. I have had such a tough time with it all over the last 18mths I feel thoroughly depressed and alone. I am getting to the point where i feel i cant go on much longer :(
There seems to be very little focus or attention paid to this side of things on here or by the professionals in the NHS.

johnoswaldallan

Dislikes
Injustice
I would like to see organisations that advise diabetics on their diet to review their advice. As insulin dependant diabetic I feel that I have been mislead (I am sure not intentionally) on how adversely carbohydrates affect most diabetics often hesitating large amounts of insulin The suggested abstinence from all dairy produce and animal fats is dubious to say the least. As far as I am concerned carbohydrates are my worst enemy (I know that does not apply to all diabetics) however the very condition of diabetes makes it difficult for our metabolism to cope with carbohydrate.

nannybarbara

I'd second a forum for T2s, but how about one for insulin dependent type 2s? I have to ask insulin questions of T1s, but their perspective is different.

Barb

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dear All,

Thankyou for your suggestions, we are on the case...

:shock: 8)

Admin