Hba1c gone up doing ivf fet

claire_786

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So last year my hba1c was 9.2 and it went down to 7.3 and I just got my latest results today and it's 7.5. My blood sugar levels have been excellent later. I am doing medacated frozen embryo transfer and I am half way through it. So do the drugs get your HbA1c up. I'm feeling a bit gutted as I'm doing my best

claire_786

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So last year my hba1c was 9.2 and it went down to 7.3 and I just got my latest results today and it's 7.5. My blood sugar levels have been excellent past 2 weeks. I am doing medacated frozen embryo transfer and I am half way through it. So do the drugs get your HbA1c up. I'm feeling a bit gutted as I'm doing my best. And before 2 weeks ago every time I wake for my night shift my levels was up to 16, could that been a reason for my hba1c to rise, and it's ok now once I've changed my levemir timings

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Your a1c is an average of the last 3 months claire so will be why it's gone up but it is only ever so slightly

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi keep going! Pre conception and all the way through is hard.
Have you done your basal testing and tested through the night to check your sugars?

claire_786

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Because I was on night shift my levels from 9am to 0130pm was high it would go up to 16 and the night was ok. So I think it has gone up cause of that.but for 2 weeks now I have changed my levemir from taking it to 8pm to 12 midnight it has made a difference it's single digits when I get up. I have another appointment in 2 months time now

claire_786

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Your a1c is an average of the last 3 months claire so will be why it's gone up but it is only ever so slightly

I have my next appointment in 2 months and the last 2 weeks my blood glucose levels have been good so I have to wait and see

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I did IVF and the drugs put my blood sugar up. I had 13s where I'd normally have 5s or 6s.

Keep testing lots and lots and use correction doses if you need to and are confident doing so. I had to put my basal up. I also had to adjust some of my insulin to carb ratios slightly.

Good luck! :)

claire_786

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi have you thought about trying the pump?
They did say I might need to go on pump if I do conceive. And I did look into going on the pump. But personally injecting is just fine for me

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Claire, I have had one pregnancy using pens, but it was pretty stressful! I have just started on the omnipod in preparation for trying for another baby. It is so much easier to treat and combat those trouble areas (I suffered terrible dawn phemonina) so that's a pro for the pump! If u are concerned about your levels rising maybe speak to your dsn about it, as things may get more difficult before they improve (speaking from experience) X X x

kazC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Claire, I had an FET on Sunday, and my levels in the morning have been so hard to control since starting progesterone supplements. I honestly felt like I was reading someone else's results yesterday and today :-( Am on a pump, so doing loads of testing and gradual adjusting to basal and insulin sensitivity. I was on injections for 28 years and, like you, wasn't sure the pump would make a huge difference, but been on it now for 2 years and would never go back to MDI. It gives you the ability to fine tune control and makes post-meal readings a lot easier. Perhaps have a look on the pump forum and see what the peeps there have to say. Best of luck with the IVF!