mega pain

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
Hi was diagnosed type 1 10 weeks ago after collapsing with ketoasa thingy any way since leaving hospital my stomach' legs' feet and hands are all causing me crippling pain.
seen 3 quacks and have been told its viral(no treatment) and the last one told me take painkillers and a hot water bottle none of which help. the diabetic nurse did blood tests for muscle damage(negative).
my bloods are averaging out at 10 massive improvement from 20's and no keytones.
taking novo rapid(15-20) and lantus(22).
also have had 2 hypos in the last 2 days and haven't felt them at all????????????
any advice would be massively appreciated cheers Willie

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
This is not my field of expertise, but could you still be adapting to more normal blood sugars?
that does sometimes trigger unwanted symptoms. Try a variety of painkillers. Ask the pharmacist and get generics NOT the MEGAbucks branded ones. Try a little gentle exercise, whatever you can do. keep a close watch on the BG. you need to aim to be down around 5. That's the non-diabetic level. You may not get there to start with, but keep at it. once everything settles, you may very well feel a lot better.
Hana

glitterzoe

A lot of things cause pain (in diabetes I have type 1 and have had carpel tunnel (check it out we are prone to this)) also you may find that you are having a reaction to the type of insulin they have put you on (you can look up side effects) and last you may still have ketones in your system, try drinking liots of water for a few days and see how that helps. I hope some of these are helpful, I am not a doctor an so cant really tell you what to do but this is just some advice :p

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
Thanks very much for that.
Half of the problem is the confusion after getting no sensible advice from the quacks cheers :)

lilibet

Hi
Agree with the other posters. Might be reaction to insulin and DONT let NHS tell you there is no such thing as they see MILLIONS of people who take it and are fine

What you might find is that as your bg drops to near normal your body starts to heal itself and causing pain. After I was diagnosed I had all sorts of weird things( tingling, pins and needles, neuropathic pains in my legs and nippy toes) which no one said was diabetic related but did eventually go away. If it is a virus it should go soon but if not, dont let anyone put you off getting it checked out

tezza

high glitterzoe,i never new carpel tunel ,thingy could be linked to diabetes , had this for ages,drop things all the time, :( my freind had opp for this not nice,

glitterzoe

Hi Tezza, yes I found out this when I waas kept up all night every night for months with pain in my wrists and hands. Had the opp (yes it isnt nice but thay can knock you out if you are very squeemish) and never looked back. :p