What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

just_undiscovered_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds, bright lights, shopping, arrogance, reality TV shows..
I was having an ok day yesterday until my dinner readings
B: 1 x soya and linseed bread/ 2 boiled eggs/ coffee and cream 6.4 to 6.9 (happy)
L: 5 x Ryvita crackers/ yoghurt & mint salmon tuna spreadable/ couple of grapes and a yellow plum 5.7 to 7.9 ( could have avoided the plum perhaps, actually could have had less crackers as well)!!
D: couscous/prawns/pak choi/ 2 squares of Lindt dark 70% chocolate 5.0 to 9.0 (not sure what happened here, as I have had this dinner several times before and only had a 1 mmol rise) it must be the chocolate, as I was trying it for the first time, as heard people raving about it. The thing is, I have had on on one occasion 10 maltesers and it didn't do much to my BS.. Weird

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Sallies

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thats brilliant especially for your first week :)
Well I need to lose weight and after my mc last September which they think I had diabetes then as I was due to do the fasting bloods which I didn't do as it was after the mc. Am determined to be able to conceive again after I've lost some more weight. Am so scared having diabetes I want to beat it, as I have a phobia of any type needles so it's fairly stressful for me. So get into a healthy diet hopefully I can do it.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
B: chia chocolate and coconut pudding
L: burgen bread cheese, ham, tomato and dijonnasie sandwich
D: cauli rice kedgeree (onion, garlic, ginger, cumin, chilli, turmeric, cloves and cauli rice fried together; then add a bit of chicken stock; put smoked mackerel on top to steam; garnish with mint, coriander and boiled egg). You must have this, it's amazing!

Reactions: 9 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
D: cauli rice kedgeree (onion, garlic, ginger, cumin, chilli, turmeric, cloves and cauli rice fried together; then add a bit of chicken stock; put smoked mackerel on top to steam; garnish with mint, coriander and boiled egg). You must have this, it's amazing!
That does sound amazing, and I'm definitely giving it a go.

Today's efforts -
B - Bacon & mayo
L - Turkey salad with cheese & mayo
D - 3 egg cheese omelette with crunchy pancetta cubes.
S - coffee & cream.

Reactions: 10 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today:

B: Fried Egg, 2xBacon on a Triangular thing
L: Pack of Mattesons Pork Meteors ( I was at Paddington Stn )
D: Red Thai Prawn Curry with Stir Fried Veg
Blueberries, Double Cream and some 80% shavings

Reactions: 8 people

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well I need to lose weight and after my mc last September which they think I had diabetes then as I was due to do the fasting bloods which I didn't do as it was after the mc. Am determined to be able to conceive again after I've lost some more weight. Am so scared having diabetes I want to beat it, as I have a phobia of any type needles so it's fairly stressful for me. So get into a healthy diet hopefully I can do it.
Sorry to hear you went through this and i wish you all the luck just focus on becoming well and the rest hopefully will follow. It seems like you are off to a great start. I am hoping the drs can start supporting me with my fertility from my next hba1c in april so im trying hard to change it around and become healthy first and then restart trying as you are. Its helping me stay on track x

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
It'll be interesting to see what I can and can't tolerate, that is for sure. The omelette is great with cheddar, I'm personally not such a fan of other cheeses in omelettes. Those fat bombs make me think of ferrero rocher ;-) Thanks for the tip, I will check them out. I once made cashew nut paste in the food processor, guess I could do the same with other nuts, shape into balls, cover in good quality chocolate and then sprinkle with crushed nuts (sounds dodgy but you know what I mean!). I'll have a look at that site now!
Hah! Your version is much too complicated :) I hope you have coconut oil in your armoury? It's the best thing... that and butter and cream from grass-fed cows... and 85% Chocolate of course... :)

Reactions: 3 people

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Brekkie: weetabix (at work can amyone suggest something quick as i no its not great)
Lunch: boiled egg, dairylea ryvitas, lindt square & crisps
Stole a few chips from hubby with a sausage hehe
Dinner: will be homemade curry with slim rice

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Brekkie: weetabix (at work can amyone suggest something quick as i no its not great)
Lunch: boiled egg, dairylea ryvitas, lindt square & crisps
Stole a few chips from hubby with a sausage hehe
Dinner: will be homemade curry with slim rice
How about yoghurt with berries?:)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Snap @s.sollis that's what I was going to suggest or cheese and olives

B. Raspberries and cream

L. Tinned salmon with Greek salad

D. 2 chicken legs.

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Daft question I know, but what's a greek salad?

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Snap @s.sollis that's what I was going to suggest or cheese and olives

B. Raspberries and cream

L. Tinned salmon with Greek salad

D. 2 chicken legs.
Or like you have it with cream, I've brought raspberries today. I'm not over keen but I thought with some yoghurt or cream I will have them for breakfast tomorrow. I love Greek salad, your giving me lots of ideas. Thank you. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: orange & cinnamon ricotta cheese cake without the cake, blueberries, cream
L: another poor choice of school lunch. Ended up with odd sausage in tomato sauce combo (made to have with pasta) with very salty salad leaves. Didn't eat very much. Wasn't pleasant:dead:
D: diced chicken and mushrooms in cream, garlic and tarragon sauce topped with cauliflower mash and grated cheese. :hungry:

Reactions: 3 people

tessa16

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B - porridge made with half unsweetened almond milk and half water, 15 blueberries and a dollop of full fat creme fraiche
L - a small amount of extra thin smoked salmon with 7 large prawns, half and advocate, 6 miniature mozzarella balls, sliced cucumber and a small tomato with a dessert spoon of low fat mayonnaise.
S - Full fat greek yoghurt with 10 raspberries and 8 almonds because I felt too full for anything more!

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Cool thanks i will give it a try but must admit not a massive berry fan. Strawberries are ok right?
I hope it doesn't leave me hungry as i find a little carbs in the mornin gives me a boost i no its not good tho will try ur idea :)

Reactions: 2 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Cool thanks i will give it a try but must admit not a massive berry fan. Strawberries are ok right?
I hope it doesn't leave me hungry as i find a little carbs in the mornin gives me a boost i no its not good tho will try ur idea :)
Yes strawberries are fine, you can have melon and kiwis too. :)