This is my sounding board! Not for faint of heart!

bronte

Hi, I am so sorry to hear your prbolems with ears. Not nice and I know ow our health problems can get you down.

I have read a lot about carpel tunnel being linked to diabetes and I am sure that there is a link somewhere. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will know about that.

I am also sorry to hear about your work colleagues and food! Like you most of the time people are great but it does only take the odd one and then you feel "knocked back". There are some great cake recipes on the forum link and I also have a really easy low carb cake that everyone in my family and friends like.
It may seem hard to believe at the moment but keep up the good work and things will get better.
Best wishes
Helen

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Hi Bronte, thanks for you kind words and support. I have also suffered from carpal tunnel syndrome, to the point where my right hand was dead for several months, it was like I had slept on it and it would not come to life, the only part not affected was little finger and half of third finger, typical carpal tunnel. I had been spending much time on pc and done lots of spring cleaning at the same time when it happened, now have to limit time on each! It is unpleasant, I did not know it was linked to diabetes, although it does not surprise me. I actually went for acupunture treatment, not to be sneered at, as was huge benefit to me. Not cured, but at least I can manage it by recognising when my arms and hands have had enough :lol: work.

Only diagnosed diabetic 2 years, this happened some 6 some years ago, but I could have been diabetic and not known.

Are you suffering from it right now, do you use your hands for constant repetitive work? There is an excellent book on this, unfortunately, I no longer have it, but if you cannot find it by search engine, it is on RSI - repetitive strain system, on internet I will try to find for you if you are interested.

Let me know.

Kathleen

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
To all who replied and are interested in my outcome I have posted under topic T2 and Surgery. I can now hear by the way :D