Trick or treat?

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does anyone else go out trick or treating for halloween?

Jess loves the whole halloween thing, from deciding how she's going to dress up to carving pumpkins and decorating the outside of our front porch with scary things and of course going out trick or treating. She's very responsible about her sweets, she has dinner and an bit extra insulin to cover the evening. Then out they go around the neighbourhood, she has two or three sweets on the night of halloween. The rest go into a sweet jar and she'll have one sweet as a pudding each day after her evening meal. If she has a hypo at any point then the halloween sweets are used to treat that. We've found in recent years this allows her to take part in halloween but still maintain good control of her diabetes.

cm1976

We do the same sort of thing - he always says I cant go trick or treating cos I'm diabetic and cant eat the sweets!! To which we say EVERY yr that yes u can have the sweets but not all at once!!!

We do the same and keep everyones sweets in a jar which get doled out for hypos and treats after tea!
x

smiley

I do that aswell. :D
emm you know how sometimes people just give you handfuls of sweets and some people give you a choice??? well what i do to make it a bit easier is if i get a choice of sweets i normally pick the less sugary but still yummy sweets. Another thing you can to is if you get something really sugary (this is what i do anyway) you can play a game with your friends called swapsies and you lay out all your sweets and make offers to each other of what you would like to swap,it quite fun actually :D :lol:
Enjoy your sweets!!!! :D

cm1976

smiley said:
I do that aswell. :D
emm you know how sometimes people just give you handfuls of sweets and some people give you a choice??? well what i do to make it a bit easier is if i get a choice of sweets i normally pick the less sugary but still yummy sweets. Another thing you can to is if you get something really sugary (this is what i do anyway) you can play a game with your friends called swapsies and you lay out all your sweets and make offers to each other of what you would like to swap,it quite fun actually :D :lol:
Enjoy your sweets!!!! :D

Excellent well done Smiley!! Fab idea to swap with friends and a good attitude towards your sugar intake! x