What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
5.5 mmol , not bad considering I had 3 muffins for supper (not low carb muffins either) :-0

Reactions: 8 people

mohaff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hello guys mines a bit of a mess looking after my disabled son its really not controlled very well due to circumstances - well here goes its a 7.8 today !! normal was 4-7 but lately its around 6.5 to 8.0 ..

Reactions: 11 people

Torty1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, my first time in a forum! My levels this morning on waking were 7.8. This is good at the moment, as I'm on steroids for a chest infection and as we know, they push levels up.

Reactions: 5 people

Wineman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, lamb, turnips. Corn on the cob
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Hi mine was 8.9 did not have good sleep had coffe before I tested, do people recommend testing before coffee.

Icequeen55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.1 for me. Ate 2 sugar free Gullon wafers at 9pm last night and took bloods 1st thing. Usually have a cup of tea and then walk dogs before taking bloods and I'm in around 7.9. Guess this needs some work.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi, my first time in a forum! My levels this morning on waking were 7.8. This is good at the moment, as I'm on steroids for a chest infection and as we know, they push levels up.
Welcome , Torty1966, i will as. @daisy1. For the welcome pack for you,happy to see you,keep posting

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi mine was 8.9 did not have good sleep had coffe before I tested, do people recommend testing before coffee.
Yes 1 st test ideally before your feet hit the floor( as your liver will kick n and start supplying the morning glucose ready for the day ahead) known as the dawn phenomenon

Reactions: 6 people