Yearly test

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, cirrhosis, lymphoma, acronyms, green celery (because it's lazy), those computer programs that nag you night after night to download them and then, when you do, present reams of conditions and threats for you to accept before they'll run. DVDs that start with 5 minutes of threats - if I'd pirated it, then I'd surely leave those out.
Your results are absolutely amazing. Obviously a woman with what Baden-Powell used to call 'stickability'. You look fabulous in those photos (I'm 73 I can get away with those sort of comments :))

Reactions: 6 people

supergirthuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been t2 for about three years
I started losing weight a year ago
I was very overweight
I have lost over 100 lbs
Saw my diabetic nurse for my yearly tests
MyHbA1c was 30
Have I gone to far cutting out carbs ?
Nurse was so lost for words never seen hba1c that low or someone that had lost that amount of weight in a year
Beening tested again in 3 months
Can aHbA1c be too low ?
Thanks for any help
Congratulations smallerjo. Keep up the great work.

supergirthuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Do you mind me asking but I too lost a huge amount of weight in the past (9.5 stone over about 20 months) and had terrible excess skin. I approached the doctor for help as I had done the hard work losing the weight but he said that they wouldn't entertain me for surgery to tidy things up so to speak. Have you had any issues with this and has your doctor said anything to indicate you may get help, on the NHS, to rectify it?

smallerjo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have some excess skin but does not worry me as I don't swim / don't like the sun ( I burn with factor 50 on ) so only me and my husband see it
I would not ask for any op as I don't do well being put out ( they have trouble waking me up )

Reactions: 2 people

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Absolutely inspirational @smallerjo ! Your example is exactly what all us newbies need. Well done!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have some excess skin but does not worry me as I don't swim / don't like the sun ( I burn with factor 50 on ) so only me and my husband see it
I would not ask for any op as I don't do well being put out ( they have trouble waking me up )

I didn't lose anywhere close to your amount of weight, so I applaud your fortitude in sticking with it.

When I trimmed up, I was still aware I might experience a certain amount of creping, as at my age (such age being "over 25, but under 60 ;) ) I can't expect to have perfect elsticity. I have always moisturised my body, so just did a bit more of that. My skin has improved over time, but will never be perfect, but I'm content to keep the manufacturers of Shea Butter in the style to which I would like to become accustomed. :)

Again, well done you!

Reactions: 4 people