3 month check

Sco81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Today was my first check up since December. I had blood test Feb 15th.

My hba1c was 89 today I was told it was 43. Cholesterol was 5.9 and again told today it was 3. Bad cholesterol was 1.

She also said I've lost 15kg since December also. My diabetic nurse was in shock at the turn around. I been feeling great so I knew it was better but still shocked at how good the results were. Not all doom and gloom. Sometimes a bit of motivation is life changing

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 people

Sco81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers

My hba1c was 89 today I was told it was 43. Cholesterol was 5.9 and again told today it was 3. Bad cholesterol was 1.

She also said I've lost 15kg since December also. My diabetic nurse was in shock at the turn around. I been feeling great so I knew it was better but still shocked at how good the results were. Not all doom and gloom. Sometimes a bit of motivation is life changing
That's really good to hear, excellent!

Reactions: 4 people

Amandamc2711

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Have you been following a LCHF diet to get these results ??

Sco81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Strict balanced diet. Minimal carbs. But still have some. And lots of exercise. Do lots of walking where before I would have drove.

Reactions: 2 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi @Sco81

Sensational results due to your hard work and good choices. Keep it going and welcome to the "surprise the Diabetic Nurse/GP club"

Sco81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Thank you all for your support.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging

Just goes to show...your hard work and control has paid you back nicely

Reactions: 3 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So did you tell the DN how you did it, and if so what was her reaction?
And well done from me too, great reductions in only 3 months! :)

Sco81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Well I am on medication, I was feeling really unwell until 4 or 5 days after I started taking victoza. 2 grams metformin and 1.8 grams glitgazide. A day. I started to feel good, was able to start walking 2-3 miles a day which I run 4-6 miles now. Not very fast mind u. I did tell them yes. But they insist it was my mind change. Being strict and exercise etc. But I assumed it was meds. They did reduce my meds this time to just 80 grams glitgazide with the rest staying the same. But it's only been a day. Bloods been good today still. At 4.8 fasting and 5.2 2 hours after lunch. Thing that's important is I love how I'm feeling now which is pushing me to work harder. So I guess it is due to some mental strength. Just hope it can inspire others which is why I shared.

Sco81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I will say I feel like I'm a test subject now. They taken measurements and things they didn't bother with before. And gave me their personal number to keep them informed with blood lvls etc.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
@Sco81

If I were you and maintained those testing levels I would keep onto my medical team to reduce my meds further and monitor the results for impact.
Again great results

Sco81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I will do, I'm happy to go slow and see how things go. It's a long road. As long as I keep improving I guess it would be the process to reduce my meds until I'm off completely?

Sallies

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done, you have given me some inspiration that things can change in just a few months. So thank you and well done

Sco81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Thank you. It means a lot to help. But the reward for hard work is feeling great. That's worth anything surely? I hated the low days feeling unwell and tired. It's a rut and hard to get out of. But the weather is improving and people have lots of chances to get out and enjoy the rain. Or sun if we lucky