Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 this morning Grrrrrrr! A bit of white bread is lethal for me. I had to scoop up pate with something:rolleyes:. I'm feeling a bit frustrated at the moment with food, mainly eating at friends, I don't like to say that I can't eat rice, pasta, bread, anything with flour, potatoes, pastry and most desserts (I don't want to feel "special") particularly if they're making nice creative dishes for everyone. I tend to eat very little. :( Have a good day all! :D

Reactions: 17 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
6.5 this morning Grrrrrrr! A bit of white bread is lethal for me. I had to scoop up pate with something:rolleyes:. I'm feeling a bit frustrated at the moment with food, mainly eating at friends, I don't like to say that I can't eat rice, pasta, bread, anything with flour, potatoes, pastry and most desserts (I don't want to feel "special") particularly if they're making nice creative dishes for everyone. I tend to eat very little. :( Have a good day all! :D
Hi KimG, i think your doing very well and can tell it frustrates you when choices are not readily available,maybe a discreet call to the host,and,some lchf items discreetly placed for you: Angelic: hopefull

Reactions: 9 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all ..yesterday and today 7.5 and to go along with the headaches yesterday i found out i have mild sleep apnoea :(:(:(:(:(

Reactions: 11 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7 yesterday. 8.3 today. Don't know what's going on ! Been under lit of stress passed few days so maybe that's it. Good day to you all

Reactions: 13 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not sure whats going on with my bloods. Today woke up earlier than usual and tested @ 5.51am 7.6 retested again at my usual time (no food inbetween)9.15am and was back to my 9.4. Is it possible that its the medication wearing off. Typically I have medication at 9am and 8pm. 2x1000mg SR Metformin morning and 1x100mg sitagliptin. I used to take the metformin at night but the Dr switch it from 1000 to 2000 and gave me sitagliptin to take at night.

Reactions: 12 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi KimG, i think your doing very well and can tell it frustrates you when choices are not readily available,maybe a discreet call to the host,and,some lchf items discreetly placed for you: Angelic: hopefull
Good idea :).

Reactions: 13 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Good Morning

Reactions: 27 people

Time2Change

I am probably not the first to say this here ..... but aren't we missing a trick here ?

Shouldn't this have been a poll or something and at least provide some form of statistic ?

Could Diabetes.co.uk maybe run and online spreadsheet with say drop down on usual parameters e.g. sex, age etc. and an entry for the GL and that way capture some very useful information ?

Reactions: 2 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I am probably not the first to say this here ..... but aren't we missing a trick here ?

Shouldn't this have been a poll or something and at least provide some form of statistic ?

Could Diabetes.co.uk maybe run and online spreadsheet with say drop down on usual parameters e.g. sex, age etc. and an entry for the GL and that way capture some very useful information ?
Myself I like it the way it is. SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT
I need as much as I can. It's a very successful thread.
Maybe you could start a new thread to make a start. Upload one?
I hope I'm not too fussy but I rely on this thread as it is. Sorry.

Reactions: 15 people