Feet!!

angie92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey everyone just wondering I've been using Flexitol Heel Balm on my feet for nearly a year now as I have very dry feet and I was wondering does anybody else use this or anything similar?? After I have applied the cream I just put on normal socks but lately I've heard about cotton socks that you can use after applying creams to your feet and was wondering if anybody else uses cotton socks??and are they better to use??

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I've been using Flexitol Heel Balm for several years now, it was recommended to me by my Podiatrist as safe for diabetic feet. Don't wear cotton socks but read they are better as your feet don't sweat as much.

S

Shar67

I use this and have cotton socks, with no seams, I wear them in bed as well, feet are done last thing at night and first thing in morning, I also give them a paraffin oil bath once a month.

Tylers73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cotton socks are the best as they breath and all nail/feet products need to soak in. As have been in that industry most of my life I think that's the best option. Hemp cream is very good too ok x

S

Shar67

Ggsorry not oil should have typed wax, you get paraffin wax at chemist, melt it in a foot bath, stick your feet in, out let it harden then rinse, lovely soft feet. Been doing this way before diabetes started

bootsie46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey everyone just wondering I've been using Flexitol Heel Balm on my feet for nearly a year now as I have very dry feet and I was wondering does anybody else use this or anything similar?? After I have applied the cream I just put on normal socks but lately I've heard about cotton socks that you can use after applying creams to your feet and was wondering if anybody else uses cotton socks??and are they better to use??
I have always worn cotton socks and recently been wearing them with loose tops which aids the blood flow I also use Flexitol and I also use another called Gehwol which I buy online.