Care over cost?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Drugs trial? what can I say,I have been on at least 6 in the last 20 years and as any body knows there are always not knowing if you are on the medication or not till the end of the trials and I am waiting for April to find out if I was taking by injection the real medication or not. There are only 2 that I can recall ,the one that I finished last April and one again using injections for EDF
Thanks for your reply.
I can appreciate they would use "placebos" in a trial. But the results would surely become apparent with drugs regarding EDF research..?!
@Osidge Did tests with statins (if I remember?) not quite so straight forward...

Last edited by a moderator:

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
@Jaylee I was part of the statin trial and it was obvious that I was not on the placebo It is not always possible to make that assessment - it depends on the trial.

@videoman So sad that you are having a poor experience with your consultant. It might be worthwhile discussing the situation with your GP or PALS - or moving your diabetes care to another hospital.

Reactions: 2 people

videoman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you are a Type 1, why are your strips being rationed @Gaztheoldpunk ?
Please read my first comment,no mention was made about rationing the strips,it was the blunt reply "if you don't like to test so much,don't"not a mention of the control problems I was having and finding about them by testing

Gaztheoldpunk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If you are a Type 1, why are your strips being rationed @Gaztheoldpunk ?
Sorry for the late reply, I should now say WAS being restricted!! Got in touch with the "prescription manager" (sic) at my local doctor's and apparently, they were going to ration test strips, but the nhs changed their minds at the last minute and are just going to ration strips for type 2's...... No, it doesn't make sense to me either!!!!!!