No carb drink.

revive@2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
yobs +litter/.Loud music on t.v. when actors speaking
I received my balance mag today it is brilliant BUT it has an advert ???
were can buy this drink instesd of eating for one meal ????
and loose weight ??
is this allowed cos contain no carb ??
is it safe for tablet +insulin control ??
my hubby says must be if they advertise it ??
any one got any views ???
revive@2 thank you

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
If it contains no carbs and your on insulin then you shouldn't use it as a meal replacement, you need carbs to match the insulin that you inject.

revive@2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
yobs +litter/.Loud music on t.v. when actors speaking
If it contains no carbs and your on insulin then you shouldn't use it as a meal replacement, you need carbs to match the insulin that you inject.
well thank you I thought that but advert was in balance dib folk fav mag ??so thought they wouldn't advertise even if good money unless it ok???get bit confuseing all this thank you revive@2

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
well thank you I thought that but advert was in balance dib folk fav mag ??so thought they wouldn't advertise even if good money unless it ok???get bit confuseing all this thank you revive@2

Is it the Almased meal replacement drink on page 25 of the Balance magazine?

It looks like the advert is aimed at type 2's like yourself but obviously your on insulin so you have to be careful, if you look in the bottom left-hand corner of the advert there's a box that says Helpful Advice in which it says to consult a HCP before starting on any weight loss programme such as Almased.

lizbet9

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

I'm type 2 on insulin and was told that if I had a carb free meal I didn't need to use my novo rapid insulin for that meal x

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
supplement_facts.jpg

Almased has 15-16g carbs a serving.
of which 10-12 g is sugars.
Honey is the second largest ingredient.
Interestingly, I looked at several different sources for the nutritional info, and the listed carbs varied quite a bit, so I would take it with a pinch of salt.

I have tried Almased, and I found it to be the best of any meal replacement drink I have had. I found that it was pleasant, filling, and did not spike my blood glucose.

Most of those meal replacement shakes are around 25g carbs a serving, though they can vary a lot, so it is definitely lower in comparison. But you can make it up with milk, which adds more carbs.

Last edited by a moderator:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'm type 2 on insulin and was told that if I had a carb free meal I didn't need to use my novo rapid insulin for that meal x

The OP( revive@2) is on twice daily mixed insulin doses.