Approved Diabetes management questionnaire

InaSaif

Hi, I am currently doing an EPQ, which is an extended project qualification for A-level, on the effectiveness of the treatments for type 2 diabetes. I would really appreciate it if you could answer the questions on the survey as it would enable me to understand your opinions on the standard of care you receive for your health.

The answers to the questions would be completely anonymous.

Click on the link below to be directed to the survey. https://surveyplanet.com/56d74e6110f2ea0d1e224709

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the time that you have taken and the effort you have made to help me out with the project.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE VERY LOW CALORIE DIET OR THE AYURVEDIC MEDICINES MENTIONED IN THIS SURVEY. NEVER TRY THEM WITHOUT HAVING CONSULTED WITH YOUR GP/DOCTOR FIRST.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just answered your questionnaire. A lot of us on this site are not particularly following the recommendations of our healthcare professionals but there wasn't really anywhere in your survey that addressed this. Some of my answers are therefore going to look a bit odd I fear.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I must say that is one of the stupidist survey's I have ever completed.

Not sure whoever devised the questions has any idea whatsoever about these diseases.

SlyFox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Food
I have just answered your questionnaire. A lot of us on this site are not particularly following the recommendations of our healthcare professionals but there wasn't really anywhere in your survey that addressed this. Some of my answers are therefore going to look a bit odd I fear.
Ditto that. Plus no option to express opinion of those who had taken the 800 cal.day diet and what they experienced.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
as @bulkbiker says a lot of us arn't following HCP reccomendations as nutrition is not heavily covered in medical degrees and is a large part of T2 control for Diet & exercise T2s, also many of us have found that a "healthy diet" is no such thing when couple with the inability to deal with carbohydrates correctly.

SlyFox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Food

Not sure whoever devised the questions has any idea whatsoever about these diseases.

Know what you mean but 'Hi, I am currently doing an EPQ, which is an extended project qualification for A-level, on the effectiveness of the treatments for type 2 diabetes.' Says it all. But I am assuming that no one young enough to working for an 'A' level and who has not already suffered ~3 years of diabetes can hope to understand it well enough . :) I just blasted on through anyway.

Oops sorry if that comes over a condescending, not intended as such its just an impression.

InaSaif

Hi, thank you so much for answering my survey. I'm sorry that I haven't addressed the idea that many don't follow the recommendations of the doctors, but I really appreciate your feedback - I will learn from this and devise a better survey next time! Thank you again for your cooperation- your responses would be very very helpful!

InaSaif

Hi thank you so much for answering my survey as it would enable me to learn more about the diabetes and how it may affect individuals. I'm sorry that the survey wasn't exactly as expected ( I am trying to explore various different areas in my project!), but I really appreciate your feedback because the purpose of this project is to learn from the mistakes - I will learn from the mistakes and try my best to devise a better survey next time! Thank you again.

InaSaif

Ditto that. Plus no option to express opinion of those who had taken the 800 cal.day diet and what they experienced.

Hi thank you so much for taking the time and effort to complete my survey, it would be incredibly helpful for my project! And also thank you for the feedback - I was unsure whether or not to include that question as I was not sure whether many people would have tried the low calorie diet, but that is a valid point. Your feedback has been very helpful as it helps me understand how to improve the survey. Thank you.

InaSaif

as @bulkbiker says a lot of us arn't following HCP reccomendations as nutrition is not heavily covered in medical degrees and is a large part of T2 control for Diet & exercise T2s, also many of us have found that a "healthy diet" is no such thing when couple with the inability to deal with carbohydrates correctly.

Hi, thank you so much for completing my survey because it would really improve my understanding of diabetes and how it affects individuals. Thank you for your feedback; it made me think that just as the patients do their part for their health, the healthcare practitioners should also aim to improve their understanding on nutrition to help their patients! Your feedback has been very helpful - thank you!

InaSaif

Know what you mean but 'Hi, I am currently doing an EPQ, which is an extended project qualification for A-level, on the effectiveness of the treatments for type 2 diabetes.' Says it all. But I am assuming that no one young enough to working for an 'A' level and who has not already suffered ~3 years of diabetes can hope to understand it well enough . :) I just blasted on through anyway.

Oops sorry if that comes over a condescending, not intended as such its just an impression.

Hi I'm so sorry if the survey wasn't exactly as expected, but really I appreciate your perseverance to have continued on with the survey! Thank you so much for having completed my survey - it would be ever so helpful!:)

InaSaif

Hi, thank you so much for completing my survey because it would really improve my understanding of diabetes and how it may affect individuals! I'm sorry that I had not addressed the idea that many do not follow the recommendations, but I will take that into consideration and improve next time! I really appreciate the effort you have and the time that you taken to help me out with the survey :):):) ...and have a nice weekend!

SlyFox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Food
Hi I'm so sorry if the survey wasn't exactly as expected, but really I appreciate your perseverance to have continued on with the survey! Thank you so much for having completed my survey - it would be ever so helpful!:)
You are welcome, Sorry if I came a cross as dismissive, as I know how hard it is to do this if you are new to a subject. I work in IT and know well the problems you are facing. The problem with diabetes is that it is an incredibly complex problem biologically, socially, mentally and in terms of lifestyle, information choices and treatment. Even the personal engagement with it is a complex problem.

I suggest that you could do worse than to recruit the assistance of some of the more experienced folks on this forum and ask for their input. Some like those who are 'Champion' or above sort of thing, or at least have a long standing track record in helping others understand and cope with diabetes. They are a mine of useful information. The information you gather may overwhelm you but it would certainly be valuable. I don't include myself in that cohort as my stats will confirm, but I have some previous personal and ongoing professional involvement in diabetes information and management systems. If you want to privately message me about that I can lend you a helping hand hand if there is an opportunity or point you in the direction of smarter people to talk to.