Adrenal fatigue???

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
wanted to know if anyone knows much about this. I have been reading up on it. the symptoms are all ringing very true for me.

I don't want to jump at anything, but I am exhausted everyday. I'm so tired of the diabetes not working......

it seems to be advised to not to bother going to the gp for the adrenal fatigue diagnosis as it will only be recognised when on the extreme end of the scale...ie addisons or cushings...
so for those inbetweenies...anyone suffer from this or have any experience of this....

really don't know what else to do now...

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
i dont know about this but have been diagnosed with m.e/chronic fatigue,
go see your gp as there are many illnesses which can cause fatigue, even diabetes itself if not stable :?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
megan said:
wanted to know if anyone knows much about this. I have been reading up on it. the symptoms are all ringing very true for me.

I don't want to jump at anything, but I am exhausted everyday. I'm so tired of the diabetes not working......

it seems to be advised to not to bother going to the gp for the adrenal fatigue diagnosis as it will only be recognised when on the extreme end of the scale...ie addisons or cushings...
so for those inbetweenies...anyone suffer from this or have any experience of this....

really don't know what else to do now...

Hi Megan.

Here is a link to a site which discusses Adrenal Fatigue. Have a read here.
http://www.womentowomen.com/adrenalfati ... tisol.aspx

However, I would ask, is your Diabetes well controlled ? Many of the symptoms listed could also be down to high blood glucose levels. Do you know what your levels are throughout the day ?

candyog

Dislikes
not so friendly people
hi megan ive just read your post about adrenal fatigue i was diagnosed with cushings about three years ago due to tumor on pituarity gland so i was sent for scan which showed tumor on adrenal gland within three weeks i was in hospital having the adrenal gland removed i have regular checks now with consultant and good news last appointment all clear the cushings has gone but still have to have 6 monthly checks i had never heard of any of this before but everything happened so quick i had no time to think about it really which was good i suppose really i did feel a lot better after it all, the worst of it was consultant arranged for my op to be done in cardiff which is about 5 hours journey away rough ride coming home after op and hard for family to visit.if i can help you with any questions ill try just ask thats if i can bye for now :D :D

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Re: cushings

Hi. Was told this weds feb9th I probably have cushings internal disease, was stujnned as never ever heard of it... My endiocrinologist also wants me to start on victoza after had newbie injection training n programme. Blood sugars erratic 11 waking, 18 19 after food 2-4hrs later. He said am ticking too many boxes with the symptoms .Have done 24hr urine cortesol sample n am booked in for scans bloods n saliva tests next few weeks. Am amazed as I always thought that was ME n my shape, tiny legs n arms with huge barrel belly! True I do actually have hi blood pressure , cholestrol, blood sugars, always thought they were with the diabetes out of control. PLUS have pinky spots on my abdomen, dry thin skin, hair loss, knackered [most of the time],achey joints, sore feet, muscle wastage in tiny arms n legs.THOUGHT all of that was due to underactive thyriod n my diabetes type2, I DONT take any meds with cortisol or steriod, so its internal I was told. Help... Need advice n guidance as am totally new to ALL of this. N scared also. Anna.

Reactions: Alan9009

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Anna

This is an old thread that you have dredged up but I thought you may be interested in my thoughts on this. You sound like you have a lot of the symptoms of cushings, but only the 24 hour urine analysis and the other tests you have been sent for will confirm it. When it was a possibility that I had this I did some research and unfortunately there aren't many UK cushings websites as it is quite rare.

This is my story, I already had Type 2 Diabetes and had a hysterectomy when I felt I wasn't really getting better and was so tired. They diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue/ME (the box they put you in when they don't know why you are so tired). I didn't think I had this and I went searching for other reasons and kept badgering my GP telling him how bad I felt. I'd done a fair bit of searching on the internet as I was convinced something was causing the tiredness. I investigated malabsorbtion (I had IBS-D), Anaemia, Adrenal Fatigue, Vitamin B12 deficiency, Vitamin D deficiency and underactive Thyroid. I got my GP to test for anaemia, underactive thyroid and Vitamin B12 deficiency (all came back fine although my Vitamin B12 is on the low side of normal) I ended up at the hospital seeing an Endocrinologist and. She did a full set of blood tests and urine tests for Cushings and I suggested Vitamin D deficiency so she added this to the list.

My Vitamin D levels came back as being deficient and since being put on supplements for this since just before Christmas I have been feeling loads better (I'm not 100% but have so much more energy). I am also taking a Vitamin B12 supplement. If you stay indoors a lot or wear sunscreen all the time, you may be Vitamin D deficient. It is not just ladies who wear burkas who get this.

I can see it is a scary time for you Anna, but if it is Cushings then at least you do know what is causing your problems and there is treatment for it. I was lucky that they found it was Vitamin D deficiency but I would get yourself tested for that too. Since coming to this site and cutting carbs my BS levels are so much better.

I don't have any personal experience with Cushings, but the possibility that I had it put me into panic mode. I'm not sure how much searching you have done but here are a couple of links http://www.acth-cushings.org.uk/ and http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/cushingssyndrome.htm

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Good post Denise.
Can I add in that it is not just those who cover themselves in sunscreen that are D deficient. I have lived in Australia for 40 of my 59 years and always got sunburnt so stay out of the sun as much as I can but can't avoid it totally. I was D deficient. got malignant melanoma, T2 and endometriosis..........
I supplement and am no longer deficeint, find it harder to get sunburn and actually have a tan! I believe that I inherited the inability to properly absorb Vitamin D3 from my British parents and grandparents and have passed it on to my children. Plan to supplement for the rest of my life. All my family now take it including my 83 year old Mum (nothing will change Dad and they continue to remove bits of his skin that are cancerous).
Research and decide for yourselves, please........
Alison

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Many older people don't get enough Vitamin D, because as we get older our skin doesn't manufacture it from sunlight as efficiently as in younger people. Now I've got a garden again I make sure I spend time with sun on my unprotected skin - arms mainly. I start gradually as soon as the weather is warm enough, so by the time the sun is getting strong I've already started a tan. I never sunbathe, and I never allow myself to burn.

It's difficult to get enough Vitamin D from dietary sources - I think it's mainly eggs, dairy and oily fish.

Supplementation with Vit D3 seems to be the coming advice. I take 2000IU per day in summer, and 5000IU per day in winter. This is higher than the conventional Recommended Daily Allowance, but apparently does no harm - the information is out there, so please check around and make your own decisions.

I am not a health professional, and cannot and do not recommend that you follow my example. You must do your own research. All I can say is that I feel better, have more energy and definitely do not get the winter blues any more!

Viv :D

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi. thank you for your reply denise, have taken on board your advice, I do actually remain indoors quite a lot due to the winter n my low immune system. Catch anything going with bugs colds viruses etc. Just had three infections foot throat n thrush twice! Am NOT safe to be let out... Am seeing my doctor next week n will ask for vitamin D screen test he is usually good with me n listens as I am so drugs intolerant with the popular n commonly used drugs have to always have sterate based compound drugs. Thats why we are going down the victoza route its NOT insulin but a GLP1 peptide. All I can tollerate is sitaglyptin [januvia] for my diabetes n its failing to control my high levels. Have noticed others have made strong positive comments on vitamin D deficiency so am definetely taking your advice n ask my doctor to screen test me for it. Keep getting sore throats is this relevant to it? Thanks, Anna.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Anna
I hope you get your problems sorted out, it is good to have a GP who will listen, I just kept badgering mine until I got an answer. I think Vitamin D deficiency is more common than people think and they put feeling tired to getting older. As for cushings, you do seem to have classic symptoms, when it may have been a possibility for me I did a google image search.

Good luck with all the tests and getting answers. You can still get your blood sugars lower by eating less bread, potatoes, pasta and rice and it would be a good idea to do that too.

I last summer and autumn I had a sore throat that wouldn't go away for 4 months, but that did clear up on its own.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi. thanks again for your helpful reply. True I HAVE gone thro last few months thinking must be my age [49] with lethargy n tiredness. Got the purpley rash down my neck today again it has always cum n goes in couple of days. What caused your sore throat? I had infection 3weeks ago got antibiotics for it [throat] N yet it still returns!!! ??? dunno why? Will ask my doc next weds for vitaminD screen test. Please keep in touch n let me know how you r keeping? I have been low carbing for last 6 months n actually lost 7lbs doing it am allergic to all white breads n pasta etc I aviod the beige foods entirely, make all my own casseroles n meals, am a grazer n nibble tiny meals 4hourly just had 4 crackers with cottage cheese n cucumber slices on with 4 tomatoes... will eat again at 2-3pm. I eat eggs 4 a week poached or boiled , drink semi milk , eat only cottage cheese flavoured with chives or pineapple. love grapes n fruit to nibble on. Have group of foods I have to steer clear from onions, oils, spices, creams,[have half fat creme fraiche instaed] Am on sitaglyptin [januvia] only for now, took myself OFF gliclazide due to weight gain! Put 2.5 stone on in 12month of taking it, went ballistic at my gp n diabetes nurse over tha one!!! They both put me forward to be put on victoza due to start that end of march after training programme. But now if I am dianosed with cushings will firmly get best approach to treat it n my diabetes properly. I refuse to try things n suffer side effects n time wastage too. Had far too many intolerances to drugs to even attempt go down that route. Anna.