Type 1 Continuous Glucose Monitoring

keep_going

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Libre captures data continuously for 8 hours (that's the amount of memory it has). What it shows you is the measurement at the point in time and the 8 hours before this. If you scan every 8 hours you have a continuous record of everything it has recorded.
ok, thx for the info :)

Tash10102

I'm self funding a Dexcom G5, not for lack of hypo awareness, but more for greater understanding of how various factors affect my levels over time.

My control is definitely better and my understanding is increasing. I love being able to stick my phone to the car windscreen and have near real-time feedback on my BG while driving or have it vibrate at a level of my chosing when I'm on my bike.

Down sides? Not on the NHS, and not cheap, but sensor life can be extended by simply restarting the sensor after the 7 day period and by sticking it down with Rocktape or Opsite Flexfit film. Also, having had mine 2 months now, I probably look at my readings too much and need to chill out a little.

With hindsight, maybe the Dexcom G4 would have been a better bet as the transmitters last longer and with an xDrip I could have used an Android phone instead of an iThingy, but I wouldn't be without one now.
Hey, I've been looking into getting one of these for myself, but everywhere says to change the sensor after 2 weeks. Have you tested that the sensor is still working efficiently after two month (finger pricking and checking it comes up to nearly the same reading) because if so it seems that it would cost a lot less to do this.