Help needed for RH.

tooner9

Type of diabetes
HCP
they are between 4-6 if it goes to high or to low i know that food item is no good for me

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That's really very good!
Keep it there and you will definitely improve your health!
Well done!:):):)

tooner9

Type of diabetes
HCP
im struggling with keeping my blood sugars up when im at work i eat at 9.15/11.15 by the time 1.15 comes along my sugar levels are below 4

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Are you eating regularly, every two to three hours?

tooner9

Type of diabetes
HCP
im eating every two hrs like today i took my blood sugar at 11.00am it was 5.1 i then ate a sandwich (ham n cheese on seeded bread) i did my blood again at 1.00pm and it was 3.3 ive tryed ringing diabetes nurse but no reply

tooner9

Type of diabetes
HCP
ive tryed just eating protein but get the same ish readings im contemplating taking a glucose sweet just after 12 to top it up

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I thought you were eating mainly protein, to see if that worked? How did it go?

Have to say that if you have RH all that carbohydrate in the bread in the sandwich and eating a glucose sweet will make the situation worse, not better. Can't you have a low carb snack instead, like nuts or a chunk of cheese?

tooner9

Type of diabetes
HCP
protein works ok except at lunchtime i was eating three sausages for my lunch but my blood sugar levels dropped on that as well what type of snacks can i eat im scared am pig sick of it all

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Were they 97% meat sausages? Those are the only ones that work for me.
All the others are stuffed full of bread and carby fillers, which make me feel dreadful.

The good quality sausage brands are things like Hecks, Black Farmers or Bratwurst. Matterson's sausages work for me too, and are nice cold.

The snacks I use are 70% choc. Cold meat. Cheese slices or Baby Bel, peanuts or cashew nuts... you could also try pepperami, hard boiled eggs, egg mayonnaise and sunflower seeds.

tooner9

Type of diabetes
HCP
so if i have a baby bel and a portion of salted nuts for my lunch should i be ok

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes!

Have you read what I have to do on a daily basis to keep my levels steady around the normal range?

If not.

My daily small meals.

Breakfast. Greek full fat yoghurt and a few berries, cup of tea no milk, no sugar.
Or gammon and eggs, if at home.
Or omelette.

Mid morning. Small Apple. Cup of tea

Lunch. Ham salad, cup of tea.

Mid afternoon, nuts, piece of Orange, piece of meat.

Tea. Meat and veg, or similar like fish and veg, or homemade curry, soup, stew (no spuds!)

Early evening. Similar as above or variety of above.

Supper. Greek yogurt and 85% chocolate with a few berries.

You can substitute how your taste and foods you like. As long as they don't spike you!

As you can see, my meals are between 2-3 hours after each other, obviously, they have to be very small meals. And of course very, very low carb!

This is a typical day of mine and because I'm never hungry, I can't eat a big portion.
This suits me down to the ground and I don't over worry about my levels because of the experimenting and testing my bloods.

Hope this helps!

tooner9

Type of diabetes
HCP
hi i tryed i baby bel and a portion of nuts blood sugar 3.7 two hrs after eating it
it was 5.5 before i ate
?????????????
should i add another baby bell

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eat as much as you need to avoid hunger, feel satisfied and keep slow, steady energy release.
You will just have to judge the portions yourself, I am afraid.

Although 3.7 isn't actually a hypo. It is a normal blood glucose reading for a lot of non-diabetics. So unless you feel bad, you can hang around in the high 3s without having to worry about it...

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
another question when i do myself scrambled egg/eggs how many eggs 1 or 2

I have no experience of RH, but if you're looking to eat plenty protein, I'd say how many eggs would depend on how hungry you're feeling at the time.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I have 3. Made with cream. And sometimes mushroom or chopped sausage, or...

But @nosher has smaller portions, so he may only have one or two.

I would go by appetite, if I were you. And if one day you think you have eaten too much, then just have less the next time.