Twitching feeling in arm and leg?

alf15

The past couple of days I have noticed that my upper right bicep and my right thigh mucsle seem to twitch. You can actually see the twitching when you look at the skin. Its not sore, just bloody annoying twitching every once ina while!

Doe anyone have any ideas what this might be. I havent done any exercise since middle of last week and my b/s is well controlled. I recently got the swine flu injection in this arm, would that be the cause?

joelcam

Hi,

I cannot give you a medical answer but this happens to me frequently but always has done (at least for the last few years). I have only been T1 since August to mine is not related to diabetes.

When I mentioned it to my GP years ago he just said it can happen and not to worry about it....it just looks and feels a bit weird...kind of a party trick though! Hope yours is nothing to worry about.

JC

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Muscles are set off by eletrical impulses from the brain. Sometimes the brain sends out "Blips" for no obvious reason. If your doctor says it's nothing, it probably is
Hana

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I get this from time to time in my eyes and sometimes in my shoulder/arm muscles.

The only correlation I've noticed is tiredness. I used to think it was a combination of tiredness and caffeine ODthat goes with it, but more recently have stopped drinking caffeine and still get the occasionaly twitches.

Remedy = 1 week of early nights, lots of salad, fruit and veg, lay off the caffeine and alcohol.

Feel right as rain after that. Then again, that's just me. Are you tired/stressed at the moment?

alf15

Cheers guys and girls.

Try get some early night and cut out tea and diet coke. Hit the alcohol a good bit last week, so give that a miss for a while.

If it keeps happening Ill go the docs.

Thanks

Alan

Celtic.Piskie

Dislikes
Whole-wheat past and rice, tastes horrible. Cats, spiders, and people who think nick jonas is a musician.
Practically everyone gets these random twitches occasionally.

See the doc if they become dissrptive, painful, or they just don't stop.
Good luck :)