Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hey 8.7 at 7.50am and Im well pleased with this
Day 3 of DAFNE today/QUOTE]
Wow 8.7 Have you had a fbg 8 before? I cannot remember seeing one. I know you have a variety during day but 8s on fbg?
I'm well impressed! :)

Reactions: 9 people

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@david1968 those are still good results but if you change that maltloaf to a little handful of nuts or cheese cubes see what level you'll get. They should be lower than pre-snack. But only if not a carb. Give it a go. You should get rid of those 7s. Let me know how you get on.
If your bgs drop below 5 make sure to test before you drive to ensure higher than 5. This is when the liver dump is welcome.
If you experience too many 5s you could confirm with dn to reduce insulin but check with dn first.

Thanks very much - I'll report back. Only problem is I'm not much of a fan of nuts or cheese so will have to find some other source of protein.

Oh, and I don't drive anymore - not because of the diabetes but I hardly ever used my car.

Have slowly been reducing insulin doses as well - morning is down from 8 to 4, lunchtime from 12 to 6 and evening from 10 to 5 but the big change is bedtime dose - was put on 34 when I was first diagnosed but was getting a lot of nighttime hypos so have dramatically reduced it to 7 or 8. Am due to see GP at the end of the month for a review and might be I've got to up the nighttime dose a little bit but will try your suggestion and see how I go.

Reactions: 10 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
5.4 this morning. That was at 3:30am. It's now 5am and I'm on a train bound for London.
There ought to be a law against "early".

Reactions: 21 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7,8 today. I just can't get it down. It was 7.4 at 2 hours after eating last night, then I went to a circuit training class, tested after that and it had jumped to 9. I knew exercise was bad for me!

Reactions: 23 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Was a little concerned after the amount of red wine and port consumed last night but all seems ok:)

Reactions: 16 people

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
Last few days has been coming in at 9 but today is 8.7. Keep getting this throaty virus back. Not good. Have a blood test on the 17th this month. Not looking forward to results.

Reactions: 19 people