Retinopathy test - First

jal16

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes, I know what you mean about the NHS, I asked a question about a couple of things to the nurse/practioner who was performing the eye examinations and she just looked at me and gave me the Juggle leaflet and said apparently its quite helpful to other diabetics. That is the same info that the nurse had given me when I was first diagnosed too. :(

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Btw, did you get your test results?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I had mine done at Specsavers their equipment was connected by computer directly to the local Diabetic unit. So I received my letter within a week sadly I was positive but no treatment required as yet..

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Sorry to hear that, but if no treatment is required, then it can't be too serious.

Dave_christie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lazy ignorant people.
Hi It does sting a little, but passes quick just blink allot, it was only through having my eyes tested that saved my vision.
they noticed allot of new blood vessels growing at the back of the eye, I had to undergo 5 rounds of laser surgery, a double vitrectomy and 4 vitrec eye wash, two years on and I can still see and am due back to get the all clear next month.
A little discomfort now could save you a whole lot of major pain and discomfort later as I found out to my expense.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Sorry to hear that, but if no treatment is required, then it can't be too serious.
No I'm not too worried about it to be honest not withstanding that I would sooner not have it at all.

jal16

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had mine done at Specsavers their equipment was connected by computer directly to the local Diabetic unit. So I received my letter within a week sadly I was positive but no treatment required as yet..
Hi John, I didn´t realise that Specsavers did them. I'm sorry to hear that you had a positive result but I have seen people say that they have tested positive a couple of year's running and no action has been needed yet?. I also read in my notes from the hospital that if they detect it earlier they can normally treat it. I don't know my results yet but hope you get on okay.

jal16

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi It does sting a little, but passes quick just blink allot, it was only through having my eyes tested that saved my vision.
they noticed allot of new blood vessels growing at the back of the eye, I had to undergo 5 rounds of laser surgery, a double vitrectomy and 4 vitrec eye wash, two years on and I can still see and am due back to get the all clear next month.
A little discomfort now could save you a whole lot of major pain and discomfort later as I found out to my expense.
Hi, that's so inspiring and I am so pleased for you. Its good to know that this test saved your vision potentially!! Yes it did sting and I am worried about the results but I suppose if you ignore it its worse. Good luck next month x

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hi John, I didn´t realise that Specsavers did them. I'm sorry to hear that you had a positive result but I have seen people say that they have tested positive a couple of year's running and no action has been needed yet?. I also read in my notes from the hospital that if they detect it earlier they can normally treat it. I don't know my results yet but hope you get on okay.
Thanks jal16 I'm sure I should be ok I have seen others post that when they have got their BG under control the retinopathy has receded so I shall hope for that and as you say if it is detected early there are options for treatment..

Hope your results are all clear best of luck.

Reactions: 2 people